Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ScRed I was poked by a needle

ScRed I was poked by a needle

Hi, I hope some can help me here.

I was walking in a kind of sketchy area and I came very close to a woman sitting down and I made an effort to sway by her but when I did I thought I felt a slight prick by knee on the out side of it. I immediately turned around and looked at her and she looked like a junkie but I didn’t see any needles in her hand but it looked like she had marks on her hand maybe tattoos or needle marks but I couldn’t tell. She had shopping bags in her hand and I have got my self convinced that I got poked by something in her bag or she poked me because on the back of my knee there is a small red dot that looks like it could be a needle stick although my wife doesn’t think it is and neither does a friend of mine but I cannot get it out of my head.

I feel like I am losing it here because I do not want hiv or hepatitis.

Can someone out here help me please.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tincup; 01-02-19 at 12:43.

Re: ScRed I was poked by a needle

Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
    my wife doesn’t think it is and neither does a friend of mine but I cannot get it out of my head.
    From somebody else with health anxiety - trust the people in your life who don't have it, because they don't have a mental health condition that makes them overreact and seriously impairs their sense of judgement.

Thanks Iris, I just wouldn’t want to give my wife something and that is what I’m really scared of. I may go to a doctor today and show them and ask if Pep is necessary.

It won't be, but it's a good idea to do this if it'll set your mind at ease.

So went to a doctor and he said he really couldn’t tell if this red dot was a poke or some skin pgnwmt. He said we could test but he wouldn’t worry as the odds are so slim. So I’m trying to get past this. All I know is this sucks

Going through the dont want to give anything to the family rabbit hole have no idea how i got to this point but i am at it and yep tested on all sorts on the second lot ive told myself this lot is the last so its time to tackle my mind if these test come back fine

I hear ya mindsight. I know I should trust the doctor but having that what if I’m the back of my mind is so hard.

Anyone ever have an issue like this, and if so, how’d you handle it. I’m really trying but it’s hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
    Anyone ever have an issue like this, and if so, how’d you handle it. I’m really trying but it’s hard.
    Do a search. There are a lot of needle contamination type threads here.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

There aren’t many needle encounters like mine Pa, and I searched.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information