Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Health anxiety since bereavement - now it's 'lung cancer'?

Re: Health anxiety since bereavement - now it's 'lung cancer'?

Quote Originally Posted by CatLady1 View Post
    ME TOO! I also had “night sweats” (fell asleep wearing too-thick pyjamas and the heating up high).
    OK, now I think I genuinely am experiencing night sweats... I've woken up clammy for the last couple of nights, and deliberately wore light cotton pyjamas so that's not a factor.

I wouldn't say I was 'drenched', but my pyjamas and a bit of the sheet under me were a little damp.

I know this can be a common side effect of sertraline/Zoloft (I'm on 100mg), but I started taking this before Christmas - could the night sweats side effect kick in suddenly?

Coupled with the weight loss, the bloody streak-on-a-stool, and the bloody saliva, I'm working very hard not to freak out. I've managed to regain a bit of weight - about 2 or 3lb over the last couple of weeks - and the bloody stool/saliva hasn't recurred again. I'm not fatigued or feverish, and I don't feel like I'm coming down with anything viral. My appetite is fine (when I'm not being anxious).

I am waiting on my chest X-ray results, and assuming that no news is good news - I was supposed to get them within one week, and it's been longer than that now. I could go back to my GP, but I think they're sick of the sight of me and I feel like they rarely take me seriously, due to being younger and (possibly) female.

Happened to me too! Night sweats related to something serious are drenching from what I understand. I have gotten "night sweats" since i was young. Not sure why but I guess I just get hot at night and dream heavily. It's worse during certain times of the month as well :-)
    Anyways, once I knew it was a symptom of something, of course I was hyper aware. I really wouldn't worry. It comes on with stress as well!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies18 View Post
    Happened to me too! Night sweats related to something serious are drenching from what I understand. I have gotten "night sweats" since i was young. Not sure why but I guess I just get hot at night and dream heavily. It's worse during certain times of the month as well :-)
    Anyways, once I knew it was a symptom of something, of course I was hyper aware. I really wouldn't worry. It comes on with stress as well!
    Thank you. I've since had my chest x-ray back and it's all clear - I think I posted that in a reply on a different thread. And funnily enough, the night sweats have cleared up in the last couple of days, since I took something for the acid reflux I've been having... a much less dramatic condition!

Great news cat lady.....just seeing you got your results. I hope the anxiety is easing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    Great news cat lady.....just seeing you got your results. I hope the anxiety is easing up?
    Doing much better now, thank you. Sertraline is helping!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information