Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anxiety back re new job

anxiety back re new job

i start my new job wednesday after being off ill on drs advice since august. The last 2 days i have had an ache/stabbing discomfort in my upper left side of back and a horrible taste in mouth and a sorish left cheek and feel like im having difficulty breathing plus the usual panic attack symptoms

Getting worried now - could this all be because of starting a new job

TIA

Re: anxiety back re new job

I would go as far as to say it’s extremely likely it’s all because of the new job. Best of luck with it! I hope you enjoy

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

thanks mouse

also for last few days been having pain in a couple of fingers also but then again ive been doing things on pc all week . woke me up on wednesday fingers were so sore and in morning swollen and was advised to take ibroprofen

but hope you are right x

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

finger pain now gone and i found deep heat and put on shoulder and it worked wonders so im assuming my muscles were tight

Quote Originally Posted by JulieJay92 View Post
    thanks mouse

also for last few days been having pain in a couple of fingers also but then again ive been doing things on pc all week . woke me up on wednesday fingers were so sore and in morning swollen and was advised to take ibroprofen

but hope you are right x

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

finger pain now gone and i found deep heat and put on shoulder and it worked wonders so im assuming my muscles were tight

We carry an awful lot of tension when we are anxious so that definitely doesn’t surprise me! I’m glad you’re feeling better though!

Mouse

update - was fine all night asleep but 1hour after getting up this morning it all came flooding back so some pain killers, deep heat and some anxiety meds

well hopefully a positive update - was out visiting friends all day and no symptoms, yet when i got home after dinner straight on pc and boom they all came back so im wondering if it is as simple as poor posture at computer

Quote Originally Posted by JulieJay92 View Post
    well hopefully a positive update - was out visiting friends all day and no symptoms, yet when i got home after dinner straight on pc and boom they all came back so im wondering if it is as simple as poor posture at computer

It is very possible! That and the fact that as you relax and wind down without as much to focus your mind on you are thinking about things a little more or the anxiety levels are able to rise - this usually happens without me even being aware of it, I always used to say I wasn’t anxious before (insert symptom) started, but looking back I honestly was, it was just so much my normal state of mind that I didn’t even realise!

I’m glad that you had a good time with friends though!

Mouse

thanks for that mouse

Did have to go to pharmacy today as no dr apps for over 2 weeks, or phhone calls. Spoke to pharmasist and said they were sure it was muscle problems as deep heet spray helping and pain not spreading but still feeling very shakey

Try and trust in what you know, for what it’s worth I’m of the opinion it’s muscular too. It takes a little while for these things to heal and even more if we keep tense worrying about things!

Positive vibes,

Mouse

just seen message as went into severe anxiety mode

dr on call phoned me and gave me his reassurance too and also said muscular and make an appointment with my own dr for end of month to get it checked out properly

here really can be a great help, we sometimes dont realise it all the time but it genuinely is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information