Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: medication

hi all i have decided just to stay on the med i was on before prothidan as ive been on it for 4 /5 yrs instead of the prozac i dont think it will help me the anxiety only the depression and the reason i feel depressed is because of my cat. i have anxiety more not the depression which i need more help with does anyone know of a pick me up i could use to help me feel abit better in myself any tonics or what ever that some one as used that helped them . anyway thanks all for your surport over the medication i was asking about .
    best wishes tracy

Tracy

So sorry about the cat - I would be devastated too if one of my 3 died or had to be put down.

Are you on any supplements at the moment - Vitamin B complex for example.

I know it sounds obvious but make sure you are eating lots of fresh fruit and veg and drinking lots of water.

You could also do something to make you feel better in yourself. What about a lovely massage or a facial and make-up session.

If all else fails then get the credit cards out and go and treat yourself to a new outfit.

Sometimes just looking better can brighten you up.

I hope the grief gets better soon for you.

Nicola

hi nicola thanks for replyknow i havent been taking any supplements but i have just bought some seven seas tonic which as helped me before. the depression as finally lifted which good , it was awful but with that now lifted i feel abit better. i'm sort of having problems now with my head feeling strange it feels like my head is spinning now the depression lifted it sort of brought out the anxiety and my body feels all shakey and when i'm on the move it seems worse. when ive been out i have been feeling out of sorts. i keep wondering wether there is something wrong with my head or is it to do with the anxiety thats in my body? . i feel quite scared really i get really irratable with it and moody.
    also have you found anyways to calm the mind down?.
    cheers tracy

Hi Tracy

I am glad that you are feeling a bit better now.

I used to feel dizzy a lot and it went on for months on end and was quite scary.

It went in time once I learned to do breathing exercises and relax.

To calm the mind you need to try and find some time to lay quietly on the bed or sofa and listen to some relaxing music. If you find your mind wandering then get yourself a good relaxation CD as that will guide you through deep relaxation and you will be concentrating on the spoken words.

You could try reading a book as well, though I am not a great reader to be honest. I never seem to find time to just sit and read.

I hope things pick up for you soon.

Nicola

i have heard the people whom are more likely 2 feel suicidal on it in the first couple of weeks are adolences. this still is very rare. i didnt have a problem on it
    camilla

hope symtoms soon go tcXXX

HI, people. The thing about the seroxat and other SSRI's getting bad press was a very grey area. The cases that were brought to light could have been a couple of cases out of the millions of people who are prescribed this drug and benefit greatly from it. The findings that have recently been publisised say that these drugs work alot better for people over the age of 30. Teens from the age of 15 all the way up to 25 were what they called the higher risk for suicidal thoughts. In the past 36 months, i have been offered Effexor and Seroxat and declined both. Personally i like to go down the exercise and natural remedy route. Its all a personal preference

I am now down to one 1mg tablet of Lorazepam a day.

Well done me, and thanks to you guys for the support.

My doctor kwikly prescribed me prozac when i told him about my panic attacks, i hesitantly took it, but for me, which i know is a possible side effect at worse, my panic attacks started happening when i was sleeping and they were the worse they had ever been, after 3 days, i did not want to go thru that anymore. I quit. I just couldn't handle that going on for more time than that, even if it was for 2 weeks. I will find other ways to handle my anxiety. I am not depressed, at least i don't think so (except after i have a bout of panic attacks for a few days after) so, i don't see much need to stick it out. I still haven't seen a "real" doctor about my problem. IT was my ob/gyn who put me on the prozac.

*~EricaLynn~*

hi tappy i think maybe if you go see your doctor he might give you some thing that agrees with you more or can at least change your dose if the effects become too much

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information