Thread: Lump in mouth

Lump in mouth

Hi all,

New member here with a first time post.

About two weeks ago I noticed what I thought was an ulcer in my mouth but was weird as it wasn’t sore. Now two weeks later it is still there and still no pain whatsoever. The lump is on the inside of my mouth, just above my lower gum but definitely not on the gum itself. You can barely see anything and it’s not red or inflamed. I also have no other symptoms at all other than this little lump.

I’m obviously concerned it’s cancer. I smoke a little, drink a fair amount though mainly beer (no spirits) and not I don’t think too heavily. I’m also 32.

I have a dentist appointment booked for Wednesday morning but was wondering in the meantime if anyone has had similar symptoms and if it was anything to be concerned about? Is anything specific that a cancerous lump would show or anything specific a Jon cancerous lump would be like?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Lump in mouth

So I have just had a trip to the dentist, he said he doesn't think it is anything to worry about and that it is something to do with my lymph nodes? I can't really feel anything at all in my neck or around my mouth/jawline but I mentioned could this be a tumour and he said that no, it was very unlikely to be anything untoward.

However I am still concerned about this lump/bump in my mouth (it's about 3mm in size), has anything had anything to do with lymph nodes, etc. and do you get a little lump inside the mouth?

I’ve gone through the same rollercoaster. Trust me, it’s 99.99% likely to be nothing. If this lump was elsewhere you wouldn’t have even noticed it. The tongue just makes things seem more extreme.

I went through the whole thing, referred to hospital and it went away. Noticed it was gone almost overnight after 6-8 weeks.

If the dentist isn’t even referring you, take that as a very positive sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Dc1980 View Post
    I’ve gone through the same rollercoaster. Trust me, it’s 99.99% likely to be nothing. If this lump was elsewhere you wouldn’t have even noticed it. The tongue just makes things seem more extreme.

I went through the whole thing, referred to hospital and it went away. Noticed it was gone almost overnight after 6-8 weeks.

If the dentist isn’t even referring you, take that as a very positive sign.
    Thank you for your reply, this is reassuring! Yes, I would have thought too if the dentist was concerned he would have said something. It is just annoying feeling this lump, I feel like I want to pop it!

I will go to the Doctors in a couple of weeks if it is still there, now I'm just checking everything and ultra paranoid about cancer! I really shouldn't Google stuff!

Thanks again

Honestly, I wouldn’t bother.

My dentist referred me to hospital to see the clinic in case my lump needed to be removed. So if it was that bad the dentist would have referred you already.

Trust me, you’re absolutely fine!

Thread Information