Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Books

Let's Talk Books

I did a search and didn't see a thread on books and what are you reading, I thought it would be great to do a book chat/club. Talk about what books we are reading or would recommend, It can be any type of book or genre, I am a true crime fan and have tons of true crime books, I also have a bunch of disaster books. Right now I am reading these

I have only read psychopath free, and it's really good I highly recommend it for anyone trying to heal from a toxic relationship. I am reading becoming the Narcissist's Nightmare. For ten years I was in a toxic relationship, and no it's not my current one. It took me years to get out of it and now I am trying to heal as I had no clue what happened, how I was sucked in and why I kept staying. Please please read Psychopath free if you need help in healing, I was disappointed to learn the website mentioned in the book is no longer taking new members.

Re: Let's Talk Books

I’m reading IT by Stephen King. Never read anything by him before and it is truly chilling. Has given me actual nightmares!

Before that I read “The neuroscientist who lost her mind”, which is a about a neuroscientist who got a brain tumour in her frontal lobe, which affected her personality. She had it treated and is now “sane” but it was an interesting insight- both personal and academic- into the mind. Fascinating and also a little bit scary

Jojo, that sounds brilliant!

Most recently, I re-read "Lullaby", by Leila Slimani - I think it's also been published in the UK as "The Perfect Nanny". It's not terribly flattering towards people with MH issues, but it's a really great, gripping thriller with a lot to say about race and class.

I’m reading happy by Darren brown at the moment and I’m really enjoying it, usually I read psychological thrillers - the more dark and twisted the better for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Jojo, that sounds brilliant!

Most recently, I re-read "Lullaby", by Leila Slimani - I think it's also been published in the UK as "The Perfect Nanny". It's not terribly flattering towards people with MH issues, but it's a really great, gripping thriller with a lot to say about race and class.
    I read that too! It was brilliant! Never really occurred to me about how it portrayed people with MH issues though.... Mmmm .....

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

I also loved Thin Air and Dark Matter by Michelle Paver.

just reading a book about reading genre books
    What Makes This Book So Great: Re-Reading the Classics of Fantasy and SF
    Jo Walton has added plenty of books to my slush pile with this book

Oh and Democracy Hacked by Martin Moore
    It’s essential reading for anyone interested in how the rise of the internet has effected global politics. It explains Trump!!

Jojo It was great, you should The Stand next. Thank you all so much for replying to my post. I hven't read any of the other mentioned on here. I hope you are all well.

Great post! I'm currently reading Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. I think the one about the neuroscientist is called Brain on Fire here in the US and I've been meaning to read it!

For Stephen King, I LOVED 11/22/63, about the Kennedy assasination but with time travel.

This looks like the scary book section! I would be checking all the doors and windows before bed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information