Thread: BV concerns? Please help.

BV concerns? Please help.

My anxiety is going off again and I need some help. Last year in August, I had a vaginal swab test that came clear except I had yeast, okay fine. Little bit around that same time, I was tested for chlamydia/gonorrhea from PP and tested negative. Fast forward to another test I had that looked for all types of std's, that test came back negative except positive for yeast, totally fine. I went and got another test a week ago with the same swab test type and my doctor told me that everything was negative except I had vaginitis. I've been searching and they don't label vaginitis as an STD but it is seen more in women that are sexually active. I'm more worried since I have a new boyfriend who has been tested negative since we've been together, and before him I only had sex with a condom, no handjob/oral sex, just simple protected sex. Could those tests come back as a false negative? Me and my boyfriend have had unprotected sex only AFTER all of those test results of only having yeast.. supposedly. Or could my case simply be because I'm engaging with a new person? Or what if the yeast overcrowded the other types of bacteria while they were at the lab and that's why it was coming back negative??
    Last edited by Melcattt; 05-02-19 at 21:48.

Re: BV concerns? Please help.

A false negative....fine, very possible. You’ve been tested how many times?!?! I’d say at this point a false negative is out of the question. Particularly if you’ve always used protection.

Re: BV concerns? Please help.

Let it go so what if you have as long as its not been since you been together and youve been tested thats life and life is messy enjoy the relationship or you will pull it apart before it starts

Thread Information