Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mornings !!!!!!!

Mornings !!!!!!!

Why are mornings so bad ???

As soon as I wake up I feel scared , dread , can’t cope , cry, can’t function on anything, this lasts for a good few hours then I feel totally numb and tired

It’s driving me and my family mad and really had enough now

Anyone else get this ?

Re: Mornings !!!!!!!

What do you do to cope with it , ? This has been going on for months now

It's because stress hormones peak naturally in the mornings, then slowly decrease during the day. There's a chart on here somewhere. In most folks it gives them the get up and go to start their day..in us it makes us feel bad because we are sensitive to their effects,

Maybe as soon as you get up, go for a run or something to get it out of your system quicker. Have a shower, colder the better. I always have something to do first thing. The worst thing to do is to sit ruminating on it.

I lost my job so have loads of free time and going for a run is the last thing on my mind , got bad cold which is not helping and changed meds so it’s all going through my head

Hi Tristan/all
    I am currently going through a bad period of this, wake up and feel sick, heart pounding, dry retching, constant nausea until late in in the day, come over all hot and tingly - all signs of severe anxiety. I cry as well because it is so frustrating!!

I went through this 7 years ago and it was horrible and here I am again (burn out and delayed grief have kicked it off I think). I am signed off work as I could not possibly go in in this condition but being at home is rubbish as well. I do get up, get dressed, force a bit of food down and sip on ginger and lemon tea but it is still there. So fed up feeling like this.

I can understand how a run would be the last thing on your mind, when mine kicked off I still enjoyed going for a swim but at the moment driving and sitting at my Parents takes it out of me. Its so draining.

Darksky is right about why mornings are worse, but it doesn't help when you can't seem to shift it.
    How are you feeling today?

Been up since 6 and still feel out of control bad and really worried , social services have moved me out of home and in with mum due to impact it’s having on my kids and wife , so bad today I don’t know what to do ,

This shit is scary now and had enough

I'm so sorry, that sounds horrendous.

What sort of care plan do you have in place for yourself?

Don’t really have one , just started sertraline and coming off venaflaxine so going to be a shit month or 2

I’m lost and scared and worried , this is no life

Remember you can always talk to us here - anxiety is a vile disease, but I know you'll make it through.

Are you having counselling right now?

Hi Tristan
    What meds are you on. They can make it hieghtenedinthe first few weeks but it's hard to know what is meds and what is symptoms. I feel at a loss about what to do. I am going to my mum's most days as I don't want to be on my own. I thank God that I don't have children to care for. I feel for you. Your family must be worried and just want you back to your normal.

Have you been through this before?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information