Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mrsa or a pimple

mrsa or a pimple

I have a bump that came up on the inside of my elbow. It’s reddish with a white head. It’s also slightly painful. It came up quick in less than 24hrs. I didn’t have an open abrasion on the area or anything, but I did do a “ride along” for a job and one of the things we did was pick up the floor mats and rugs in a hospital. Including the emergency room. So my mind jumps to that. Rationally I’m not worried, but still hard to not focus on it. Especially due to the pain. Just seeing if anyone else has been in this position. If it’s still there tomorrow that would make it three days.

Re: mrsa or a pimple

Interesting view into the HA mind here.....not only are you taking something very normal and assuming it’s an infection, but you’ve jumped all the way to antibiotic resistant infection.

Based on the information provided, you’re fine.

It’s a great glance into how HA works. The bump is still there and now a temp of 99.1 is as well. Though I’m holding out of the Drs.

I can almost guarantee that if you leave this alone for a few days it’ll be gone. MRSA though, HA is very creative

99.1 is a litterally a perfect body temperature. why are you worried about having a completely normal temperature?

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I realize I jumped the gun on the temperature. A lot of times my post here just help me realize how irrational I’m being after typing it out. The bump is kind of hard now and hurts when I bend my arm. Also, I’m starting to have pain under my armpit and don’t know if that’s my lymphnodes that are sore.

Do I need antibiotics with my lymphnode now being affected? I know that it’s the bodies response and it just means it’s doing it’s job, but should head to a clinic and get some antibiotics or ride it out?

No you don’t give it a week or two and the lymph node will reduce I literally posted this question about a swollen lymph node I had under my armpit a few weeks ago don’t poke it or touch it and try your best to just leave it be and check it after a week or two and it should go down sometimes they take a little longer. You don’t need antibiotics your body will get rid of it.

Just updating. I went back in this evening and had the area looked over due to the increased tenderness in the armpit. The doctor prescribed me Keflex. Picked up the prescription and got home to find out I have the wrong medication. So now I’m in the boat of “what if my infection spreads and causes sepsis” thoughts.

You have the wrong medication as in they gave out the wrong medication or you think the medication prescribed isn’t the right medication you should be taking?

---------- Post added at 03:21 ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 ----------

If it’s the wrong medication they’ve given you ring them up and explain that don’t know why you haven’t done this? If I ever realised I’d been given the wrong medication I’d certainly call up and arrange for the correct one to Be dispensed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information