Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scared of QT prolongation

Re: Scared of QT prolongation

No two people react the same to meds, but citalopram gave me my life back with only minimal side effects. I'm happy now, rather than being a slave to my anxiety.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Well to update everyone I haven't been diagnosed with anything sinister I did have a full mri of my entire spine which was normal besides some degenerative changes in the cervical spine. My chiari malformation has gotten a little worse but nothing too serious. I actually am finally seeing a neurosurgeon to see if I will require surgery. From my research most of my symptoms can be caused by the chiari. The past week I have been a wreck honestly.. Crying for no reason getting episodes of impending doom and just feeling panicky for no reason at all its so miserable. Do you all think the celexa will help with those symptoms? It's 10 mg to start I'm just so afraid to start it...
    Well it's no good being prescribed meds if you're unwilling to take them and talking about possible side effects is simply speculation until you bite the bullet, as Terry says. 10mg is a low sub-therapeutic dose anyway so I doubt you will get many side effects, if any.

Keep us updated and don't disappear to the HA Forum!

Never Surrender, Comrade

Keep us updated and don't disappear to the HA Forum!
    Yeah, in one way I agree, but it also would have been courteous to update on the long threads that lots of people have helped on! As Nicola stated, there have been various long ailment threads, and no final 'closure' on them for many who were involved.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yeah, in one way I agree, but it also would have been courteous to update on the long threads that lots of people have helped on! As Nicola stated, there have been various long ailment threads, and no final 'closure' on them for many who were involved.
    Absolutely! I meant going off and starting another thread in HA Forum re a new "illness"

Never Surrender, Comrade

Ok now im little more worried about taking it it has over 400 major drug interactions compared to like 200 in all the other ssris! Why does this drug interact with so many?? And rhe other ones dont seem to have long qt syndrome as a potential side effect..

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Also i read that celexa is used for mainly depression and not anxiety... Should i request a different med?

Ok now im little more worried about taking it it has over 400 major drug interactions compared to like 200 in all the other ssris! Why does this drug interact with so many?? And rhe other ones dont seem to have long qt syndrome as a potential side effect..

Also i read that celexa is used for mainly depression and not anxiety... Should i request a different med?

The doctors know what they are doing, antidepressants are commonplace in anxiety treatment.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Interacting with 200 would surely be enough of a scare if you were worried about meds? But then it won't matter anyway since you won't be taking anything else that interacts with it.

QT prolongation can easily be seen as a potential side effect at a quick glance of...

Sertraline
    Fluoxetine (Prozac)
    Venlafaxine

All meds used in abundance for mental health and many of us on here are on them or have been.

Many of us have had that elevated risk but it doesn't matter anyway since it's only a concern for people with that specific underlying problem.

These meds are used to treat various things but their roots lie in depression. Citalopram is one of the go-to drugs for anxiety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information