Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SO much panic over throat

Re: SO much panic over throat

Hey goldie hope everything is okay

know its been a few days but just wanted to check in x

i get tonsil stones all the time no biggy. sometimes if i cannot get them out or try too hard i get a gland and neck pain can be annoying.

gargling with salt water is honestly a godsend! soothes them and sometimes can break them down

Its good that you know in your head you are unlikely to get cancer Anxiousforever, it can be hard in these moments to remember that, like you said you only noticed earache after you looked them up and we can honestly feel like we have symptoms that weren't originally there x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Hey there. I had an ulcerated throat a few years ago, after a bout of bronchitis. It felt like I was swallowing glass... very unpleasant. The GP put me on a course of antibiotics which cleared it up quickly.

You might also/alternatively be experiencing globus pharyngeus, which is a kind of phantom 'lump stuck in throat' feeling that is strongly correlated with anxiety. I get it every so often, and it sometimes manifests as ear pain as well. It's harmless, but quite freaky the first time you experience it!

Thanks everyone. I guess what scares me is that these symptoms have been ongoing for about three weeks now. I see a hole deep in my tonsil where something could be hiding but nothing comes out. It’s maddening. I’ve done everything. I have an appt w the ent tomorrow and I’m so afraid. I wish something would just pop out already so I can have some ease in my mind. At this point I dunno if it’s even a tonsil stone. My mind races between the rational and irrational and I am having such a hard time focusing on my work or enjoying my baby.

Just wanted to update everyone. Saw an ent today and she checked my glands and looked in my ears, nose and throat. She said she didn’t see anything... even in the tonsil stone area I’ve been obsessing over. She said she saw a bit of irritation on the side I’ve been complaining about but nothing sinister. She told me that the irritation can be from anything but likely reflux. I didn’t realize reflux isn’t obvious and can cause the Globus sensation. Has anyone else had Globus from reflux? Now I’m feeling more irritation most likely from the camera going down my throat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie84 View Post
    She told me that the irritation can be from anything but likely reflux. I didn’t realize reflux isn’t obvious and can cause the Globus sensation. Has anyone else had Globus from reflux?
    Yes! In fact I have this right now. It comes and goes, and isn’t painful, just slightly annoying. I’m taking Nexium, which is starting to help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information