Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twitching - need advice and help please

Re: Twitching - need advice and help please

The chances of it being anything meaningful at all are vanishingly rare.

I’ve been having twitches all over my body for about two weeks now , no other symptoms apart from the twitches, like you I Googled and als comes straight up and has got me so worried? Literally will go from arm to face to leg all over I feel so stressed about it feel like I’m having a mental breakdown 😭

I know it's a horrible feeling. I get them mostly in my legs but they do pop all over. Doctor has put me on waiting list for neurologist but it can take up to 9 months!
    Kept thinking they would be gone by now. What do your twitches feel like kieragirl?

I get twitches everywhere. They can feel like pops and sometimes I can see an actual finger or toe move. I actually find solace in the fact that they are all over; that they do move everywhere as I think that points to something benign or more benign. Sometimes I get a hotspot where I notice a twitch more often, but I know I have been twitching for months if not a year.

I also notice my dad twitches his fingers a lot and has for years; my husband twitches when falling asleep, as does my son.

If your doctor really and truly felt that this was something nefarious you would not be on a 9 month waiting list.

Hi both

Just wondering how you are are and if the twitches ever stopped for you ?

I have had twitching all over for almost a year now and still going strong .

The anxiety is high tonight any advice would be fantastic as we all know my worst fear :( x

I am always twitching and also get it in my calves and toes a lot. I had a really embarrassing one in my cheek a while ago which lasted a week or so off and on. I really think twitching is one of the most common anxiety symptoms. I am always tensed up without realising which obviously strains your muscles, don't sleep great, and worry excessively. It's all cause for twitches. Try not to worry, I think about 90% of people here have posted about twitches and nothing ever came of it! It's very common x

Thanks LF87, comforting to know so many people on here have experienced them at some point, my anxiety seems to rocket on Sunday nights for some reason and I always start thinking irrationally .

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me,

Mine does too on a Sunday! Just ignore the twitches, they're nothing to worry about. I have calf twitches as I type but I know it's probably because I'm a bit tired and stressy x

I've had this for over 3 years. I know anxiety fuels it, but I wish there were something we could do to stop it......or at least significantly reduce it. Anyone out there have it go away eventually? Any good remedies?

Wow 3 years I feel for you! Wish I could really just stop worrying about it! It’s the most bizarre thing but anxiety definitely fuels it!! It’s horrible I have heard magnesium helps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information