Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Best wishes to Pulisa for treatment tomorrow

Re: Best wishes to Pulisa for treatment tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    yes! My secret stash of Jeremy Corbyn videos. I won’t leave the country without them
    Who knows what goes on down that allotment of his. It's perhaps 50 Sheds of Grey

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post

New avatar, JoJo?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Dear God....That's Cor-Vid-Hid(eous)

So that's why all those young ladies at Glastonbury are chanting "Ooohhh, Jeremy Cooorrrr-byn"

He does pull it off!

Pulisa, it sounds like a really nice trip and you packed a fair bit in. How was your daughter? Did she enjoy herself? Is she ok if she perceives you are in control? Just wondering because it must be some comfort knowing you can give her a good time despite how hard it must feel to keep things inside and cope with it all.

She does need me to be in control, Terry. It was a new place so she needed to pack everything in and not miss anything on her agenda. Things must be "perfect" including photos. She finds it hard if I make a mistake using the street map so I have to memorise routes. I do tell her that I haven't been here before and that it is ok to make a mistake. Fortunately everyone spoke English in Bruges so this helped (I don't speak Flemish but can get by in French). It's considered "rude" to speak French in Bruges though!!
    But yes..it's hard for me to keep things in and cope. She has felt wiped out these last few days which is unusual for her because she normally doesn't allow herself to rest.

I can't even imagine what work you must have to put in to a trip with your daughter and to a certain extent it must have felt like you were on trial. Carrying your own pain too. Well, you did incredibly well. Never underestimate the power of 'Will' and 'Determination.'
    And... did you get any chocolate?

That was handy if you needed some directions. I didn't know that about speaking French there, that must date back a bit. I'll add that to my cultural file next to "don't sing the Spanish national anthem whilst holldaying in Catalonia" I guess the response would be like an old boss of mine who gave me daggers for not realising Geordies don't like being lumped in with Mackams

Is it a good sign that she is wiped out? Is it just a good sort of wiped out and not from being overwhelmed? Perhaps you can get your feet up and relax for a bit too?

Yes, did you get any choccies?!!! I used to watch Coach Trip (before they spoiled it and turned it into just young people on E4) and they used to go around choccy shops, they looked amazing!

There are chocolate shops everywhere-also waffle and marzipan outlets. My daughter enjoyed a special hot chocolate drink served with accompanying chocolates made on the premises and we also brought back quite a few "samples" including a chocolate spanner! The natives must be sick of the sight of chocolate!

She's been really tired today and hasn't been into work. I think she is mentally and physically shattered. Sadly we returned to face an end of life situation in the family so I have been very busy helping out and this is unsettling for her.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread Information