Thread: Monophobia

Monophobia

Hi everyone. I suffer with panic and anxiety and have battled with these since i was 18. My main issues that impact my life in a daily basis are monophobia and agorophobia. I fear being alone to the point where i spend my days arranging for family members to be within reach( like a few streets away at most) incase i have a panic attack. I haven't been alone in 8 yrs. The fear is i will go mad or hurt myself if i have a panic attack when no one i trust is around. Its horrendous, exhausting and i have zero quality of life. I suffer with ibs and headaches everyday. I'm a single mum with 2 chidren and cope the best i can with help from my mum over the road( although she works and gives what little she can). Has anyone ever overcome monophobia? There are little success stories out there of anyone overcoming this particular phobia. I would be grateful to hear from anyone with who is a fellow sufferer. Xxx

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Jessymai and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information