Thread: Flipping out again. Red finger tips?

Flipping out again. Red finger tips?

Does anyone have red finger tips on only one hand (they're light red, I'm pretty pale so it stands out to me - it's mostly around the fingernail)? It's my mouse hand. It's often cold (I've looked this up, and it's apparently from using the mouse so much). This is my dominant hand and I use it for pretty much everything. I'm also on the computer form morning until night (work).

I've read up on Raynaud's, but my hands never HURT and don't show the classic symptoms.

I'm freaking out over Scleroderma too. BIG time. I'm putting myself in a full blown panic attack here.

Re: Flipping out again. Red finger tips?

Hey there

I'm a big big gamer, think of any console and i have it.

i play a lot of pc games so often use a mouse as well as at college and i can assure you cold mouse hand is a thing x

Seeing as you use your computer virtually all day it will likely hurt and feel cold.

the thing to remember is you do not have the classic symptoms of raynauds,

you don't fit the symptoms of Scleroderma, and it is an uncommon condition.

i'm sure you are perfectly fine but if you are worried maybe see a doctor for peace of mind.

i also believe there are special elbow and wrist bands for mouse use to prevent strain

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Thanks for replying so quickly! I'm freaking out because when I Googled red finger tips (like a few other things) it automatically brought me to a forum for Scleroderma... Ugh. I'm trying so hard to stay away from Google but it gets me every time. I know for a fact I'm a lot harder on my right hand than my left, but it's not clicking for some reason.

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Even if I had Raynaud's, would the risk for Scleroderma really be that high? :/

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Also, I'm a writer, so I type pretty much all day... I use my right hand way more than my left (even with the keyboard) . I don't know if this makes a difference...

Yeah googling can really freak us out and such, there are key things others see with clarity, i just looked it up and you don't seem to describe any symptoms of it, don't fit the pictures and it is rather uncommon/rare Scleroderma.

I honestly believe you are fine and it is nothing more than mouse hand but if you are really worried you can see a doctor for peace of mind

it can be hard when we get something in our head because its all we think about, just try and keep yourself busy and distracted x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Mouse hand?

Does your dominant hand/mouse hand look more red than the other (I'm very pale, so it's noticeable)? Or is it just me?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information