Thread: Can’t feel my body?? Please read

Can’t feel my body?? Please read

Last night and the night before when I took cough medicine I woke up about 2 minutes after falling asleep and felt like I couldn’t feel anything at all. The first night I brushed it off and went to sleep not long after. Last night however I spiraled. It freaked me out and I was terrified. It was the weirdest thing it was like I’d be fine then out of nowhere i would realize I couldn’t feel my body. The weirdest part was that I could feel it. I kept thinking I couldn’t feel something like my head or my chest or my body in general but if i actually touched whatever felt numb or paralyzed I actually could feel it. Just wondering if this is normal with panic attacks or if I should see a doctor. It was like I had to focus to be able to feel anything & It was like I could hear everything but couldn’t feel it. (I haven’t been on here in months so I apologize sincerely if this is the wrong place to put this...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Can’t feel my body?? Please read

Sounds like DP to me:

Depersonalisation Disorder is the experience of feeling unreal, detached, and often, unable to feel emotion. It is a phenomenon characterised by a disruption in self-awareness and emotional numbness, where many people feel that they are disconnected or estranged form one’s self. Many people experience depersonalisation during a panic attack and this is often characterised as the peak level of anxiety. It is one way that the mind copes during periods of high levels of stress. For some people the condition can feel as though the world around them is like a movie that they are watching rather than specifically being a part of it.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thread Information