Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Womens problems and Doctor fear

Womens problems and Doctor fear

I've had pain in my left side of groin since Saturday I now have pain in the vulva area as well. I'm terrified basically and keep panicking I get pains in my chest and get really hot. The groin pains aren't really that bad but they are there most of the time and I'm just scared I have something that's going to burst or twist or any of those things.

I can't seem to tell how bad pain is when the panic is there as well.

Another worry is I haven't had a proper period for a few months (not pregnant). I used to have regular heavy ones but since I've had panic attacks (last 4 months) they have been short or non existent.

I can't go to the doctors. I'm fine going for mental health but I'm overweight and far too embarrassed to go for a physical problem. I'm sick of it all I don't want to get out of bed in the morning.

Re: Womens problems and Doctor fear

Hiya, I too hve been having problems "downstairs" and it took me alot to go to the docs but im really glad i did. The fear of going is far worse than the visit honestly, I too am overweight but I can assure you that yor doc will have seeen a wide range of shapes and sizes and will be more interested in helping you than judging you. Please please make the appointment, and get yorself sorted, mine turned out to be a hormone imbalance. Take care tracey x

Thanks Tracey for your reply. I wish I could go I need to get over my fear.

Hey, its most likely absolutely nothing, but please try and get to the dr's if it continues. problems "down there" can be caused by a variety of things - and its really important to get checked out. Do you go for smear tests? i've had gynae probs (ectopic pregnancy, precancerous cervix amongst other things) and I really think that even if you suffer from health anxiety (like me) and are female and of reproductive age any discomfort/ unusual bleeding/discharge should be checked out ASAP to stop it getting REALLY nasty. Your health is far more important than being self conscious .

all the best
    jess xxx

It seems to me that you are more worried about the health problem than seeing your doctor - so ring your surgery and ask to speak to a lady doctor or nurse to discuss an appointment for an examination and how nervous you feel about it. They will be sympathetic and really want to help you - its their joib ! Believe me you haven't got anything they haven't seen before - no matter how overweight you think you are !! The more information you have beforehand the less scary it will be. Like most things the aniticipation is ALWAYS worse then the actual. I know you can do it, so pick up the phone and make that call. Will wait to hear how you get on. You will be soooo glad you did it.
    Be kind to yourself

Thanks. I talked to my Mam about it today she said Drs just think of us as bits of meat and they don't care what we look like. That made me laugh. I'm still scared though... I may do it!

your mums right ! I used to be really afraid of going until I met my new neighbour who turned into my best friend , she worked at the doctors as a practise nurse and used to be a midwife , she offered to do my smear for me but I couldnt cos I knew her ,lol. But just how she took it all in her stride made me realise how it didnt bother her but it bothered me !
    Now I dont worry about it except I make sure I see a female.

They have litrally seen it all !!!

Got an appointment for tomorrow. I'm trying not to think about it, it will be horrendous.

And no I don't have smears. I know I should.

thats so good! i'm really pleased you've done it. be strong in there- you're doing your body such a huge favour by getting checked out. your dr will probably suggest having a smear test at some point (or if they don't they should!) i can not stress the importance of this enough - its a big risk you take not getting it done.

i find wearing a skirt rather than jeans helps - you don't have to take it off.

all the best,

let us know how you get on

xxx

Thanks to everyone who has replied/read this thread, it helps.

I've been. I didn't even have to take underwear off. Lot of fuss over nothing I admit it! Obviously I think I haven't been examined properly now. Just like when I wasn't rushed to hospital during my 'heart attack symptoms/p.a' meant he wasn't doing his job right.

He thinks I have a water infection and pcos. Got antibiotics and going to have a scan. We'll deal with that panic when we get to it.

I'm still convinced I have a twisted ovary or something... Water infection? Is that this painful?

He also said if I have more pain to 'seek attention' now it has taken me a week to pluck up the courage to see him. He said appendicitis can start this way. Now that is a long time health worry of mine and I'm trying to ignore that he even mentioned it. I guess doctors have to mention it just in case...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information