Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ebony

Re: Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You took in a cat that hadn't known the love you showed her. She could have had a shorter life without you or never known that feeling of safety & trust. She gave you your life back but you did the same for her as you gave her something she may never otherwise have had.

The vet didn't see either and he/she is trained. You went with their guidance and very sadly it went wrong. But when it came to what must have been a very hard decision, you did what was best for Ebony. You took away her pain. She would have loved you for that and to the end for all the things you gave her.
    We know she wouldn't of lived as long as she did, the vet when she was rescued thought she'd only make it another 2 years, she had 4 years with me before this happened to my precious sweetpea

What we know is she was on the streets and she was already sick when rescue took her in with her kittens that survived and someone had hit her across the ribs at some point, xray showed a old break across her ribs and we *think* (although would never be able to prove) that someone hit her deliberate with a stick
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    We know she wouldn't of lived as long as she did, the vet when she was rescued thought she'd only make it another 2 years, she had 4 years with me before this happened to my precious sweetpea

What we know is she was on the streets and she was already sick when rescue took her in with her kittens that survived and someone had hit her across the ribs at some point, xray showed a old break across her ribs and we *think* (although would never be able to prove) that someone hit her deliberate with a stick
    I just can't understand cruelty to animals. Sick people.

So, you did so well caring for her that you doubled her life expectancy even in a home. Doesn't that show how well cared for she was and how much you loved her? You wouldn't do anything to harm her or let he experience harm and part of grieving is going to be accepting what you really did, all the good for her. In time, I hope you can.

My GF's family have always had a few cats at a time, always rescues. They were adopted by a stray a few years back who just turned up near winter. He started coming closer to the house for food they left him and eventually he just came in. He lived only a few years too and had signs of various injuries which the vet suspected meant he had been hit by a car. Despite it all he was a nice cat and friendly.

Next doors cat is a rescue. She is very timid though. Mental scars of her earlier life. She's a bit more confident now after years at least.

Ebony was always nervous and timid but amazingly she accepted people once she knew who they was (she'd hang back assessing who this new person was before risking saying hello, but would fret and run if the new person walked up to her)

Whispershadow, those cats are very lucky to have you. Some people are indeed cruel and sadly there is little we can do to change them. But someone like you, who clearly has a big heart and bags of love, more than makes up for the wicked people in this world.

I've grown up with cats and indeed dogs. In fact, horses, ducks, hens, geese, owls, kestrels, fish and even some sheep once. I had one cat die in my arms after the neighbour's dogs mauled him. I was 11. These things happen and sometimes stay with you. I'll never forget that cat, he was only half grown and I hadn't even given him a name. But despite dying in that horrible way he had a happy life up until that moment, I console myself with that knowledge.

Ebony will live on forever in your heart but you don't need me to tell you that. Take care of yourself and just keep doing what you're doing

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Whispershadow, those cats are very lucky to have you. Some people are indeed cruel and sadly there is little we can do to change them. But someone like you, who clearly has a big heart and bags of love, more than makes up for the wicked people in this world.

I've grown up with cats and indeed dogs. In fact, horses, ducks, hens, geese, owls, kestrels, fish and even some sheep once. I had one cat die in my arms after the neighbour's dogs mauled him. I was 11. These things happen and sometimes stay with you. I'll never forget that cat, he was only half grown and I hadn't even given him a name. But despite dying in that horrible way he had a happy life up until that moment, I console myself with that knowledge.

Ebony will live on forever in your heart but you don't need me to tell you that. Take care of yourself and just keep doing what you're doing
    I'm so sorry about your cat

Ebony was one in a million and I'll miss her forever

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information