Thread: Ebony

Re: Ebony

Oh, wow, she looks so lovely!

I bet she had a sweet nature.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Oh, wow, she looks so lovely!

I bet she had a sweet nature.
    She was so gorgeous, despite being timid due to what she suffered, it was amazing she was willing to put her trust in people again after what the human race did to her

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

I probably posted this thread in the wrong place, idk, bad whispershadow
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

I'm sure the mods will move it, it's not a big deal. The forum where I mod is way stricter than this and we never tell people off for posting in the wrong place.

I have a couple of ginger and white males at home - the little one was rescued by people who didn't know much about cats after his mother abandoned him. When I got him I'd never seen a cat with so many fleas, but he's honestly the most gentle cat you could ever imagine, he never even uses his claws.

Tigger's my last link to Ebony. When Tigger goes, that will destroy me

I got Willow after Ebony passed away, Willow will help me hold on until she's gone cause Willow's unrehomable like Ebony was

Hi Whisper
    I know a lot about cats.
    Apart from owning quite a few throughout my life, I worked for the RSPCA and Animal Rescue Centre.
    I've taken in quite a few strays and abandoned cats and kittens.
    I also know how it feels to lose one of my babies and make decisions concerning their health.
    What you feel is pretty much how I feel Everytime I loose one of my cats. So much guilt and remorse.
    "Did I do the right thing", "Did I do enough?"
    All I can say is you have to see it like this......
    You gave your cat a home and a very loving owner.
    You did probably more than the average person and made what you thought was the right decision.
    You do not have the knowledge to know medically what is wrong. But you cared and loved as much as you could.
    You are a good person and deserve to feel free from any guilt. You will continue to be that caring person and continue to share that love. x
    Last edited by Carnation; 14-02-19 at 00:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hi Whisper
    I know a lot about cats.
    Apart from owning quite a few throughout my life, I worked for the RSPCA and Animal Rescue Centre.
    I've taken in quite a few strays and abandoned cats and kittens.
    I also know how it feels to lose one of my babies and make decisions concerning their health.
    What you feel is pretty much how I feel Everytime I loose one if my cats. So much guilt and remorse.
    "Did I do the right thing", "Did I do enough?"
    All I can say is you have to see it like this......
    You have your cat a home and a very loving owner.
    You did probably more than the average person and made what you thought was the right decision.
    You do not have the knowledge to know medically what is wrong. But you cared and loved as much as you could.
    You are a good person and deserve to feel free from any guilt. You will continue to be that caring person and continue to share that love. x
    I remember I used to get up at 3am every morning to check on her, when it was just her asthma and tummy troubles affecting her (and would then go back to bed until it was time to get up for work), is this something another human would of done to help her? 3am was a bad time for her for some unknown reason. Every morning she'd have her asthma flare up at that time. I could set the clock by her asthma flaring up and I still don't know why this was. Vet didn't know either.

Poor baby was having fits over the last few days of her life, her last night she kept walking in circles and fell down the stairs several times despite Tigger positioning herself between Ebony and the rest of the staircase, so Ebony had Tigger one side and the wall on the other, Tigger pulled her weight for helping as well, if I didn't get up at 3am on the dot Tigger would come and tell me "time to check on Ebony".

But if the rescue guessed her age right, she was only 7 when I lost her, idk if this makes me a bad meowmy and I fretted about having Tigger took away cause of losing Ebony so soon and Ebony was my world

The vet mentioned days before I took her in for the last time the whole "might be time to think about letting her go, your choice is we do tests to find out what's wrong or we send her to sleep now and don't let her wake up" I chose the tests, but they showed the lumps had likely got to her brain so idk if I made the right call letting her live for a few more days, it was the 28th Febuary that I took her in and then the 2nd March that she took her last breath after the tests

Whisper, getting up at a 3am to check on your cat is someone who cares massively about well-being and not many people would not have the dedication that you have. I have a cat that wakes me up in the middle of the night for biscuits. It doesn't even matter if I leave them out. Cats are creatures of habit.
    Letting go is almost impossible. I don't think us humans manage to do that very well and we shouldn't have to go through that at all. But sometimes we have to because we don't want to see them suffering.
    Cats are different to us humans, they have no awareness of death and live in the moment all the time.
    I think you made the right choice in having the tests done, otherwise you would be torturing yourself that you didn't have them done.
    In my opinion you went above and beyond to do all that you could and in time you will grow to realise this. x

You took in a cat that hadn't known the love you showed her. She could have had a shorter life without you or never known that feeling of safety & trust. She gave you your life back but you did the same for her as you gave her something she may never otherwise have had.

The vet didn't see either and he/she is trained. You went with their guidance and very sadly it went wrong. But when it came to what must have been a very hard decision, you did what was best for Ebony. You took away her pain. She would have loved you for that and to the end for all the things you gave her.

You poor thing. I had this happen with my dog before she had been acting funny and I didn’t think it was anything serious until the next morning and when I brought her to the vet there was nothing he could do and told me animals hide when they’re sick or in pain so there was nothing I could do but I still felt so guilty. Now after 4 years I know I did the best for her and stayed with her till the end and that she loved me as much as I loved her in all the years we spent together. I won’t lie it took me awhile but I can smile now and think of her and know I did my best, sending love to you you’ll eventually get there too don’t be so hard on yourself she knew she was loved. X

I had to put my beautiful cat down two years ago due to her getting gum disease and being allergic to the buildup, she was in pain, we could have had all her teeth taken out but that would have been no life for her, I blamed myself for what happened, vet told me really that it wasn't fault and that I did the best thing, sorry you are having a rough time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information