Thread: Toasted skin syndrome and skin cancer

Toasted skin syndrome and skin cancer

Today I noticed a brown blotchy rash on my thigh, at first I thought it was a bruise but then realised it looks like what I get when I have a heat pad on. However that is normally red and lasts an hour. I immediately knew it’s beccaue for the last month I have been sat with a leg either side of my electric heater to get warm. I do this every evening for several hours and now the brown blotchy rash won’t go. I googled and it came up with toasted skin syndrome, it said it can be permenant and lead to skin cancer. I totally didn’t know this was a thing and now I’m worried my leg will be permentanly blotchy which is horrible it’s self but the thought I could get skin cancer from it is terrifying.

Re: Toasted skin syndrome and skin cancer

It will fade, but can take months to go. All you can do now is stop what you were doing and wait for it to go. I had a major 'toasted skin' issue from radiotherapy, and it took over 2 years for my totally brown skin to return to normal, I never thought it would.....so just from a heater yours will go. I think there might be a cream that can be used in treatment of the hyperpigmentation, but you'd need to ask your GP about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotia View Post
    I googled and it came up with toasted skin syndrome
    Of course, it did! Who hasn't heard of TOASTED SKIN SYNDROME ???

to Google hell

Well, in this instance, ummmmmmmmmm Toasted Skin syndrome is actually a real thing and more common than you think lol Really. The link to developing any skin cancer is miniscule, and to be honest being out in the sun this summer will have more effect that way. I reckon if its still a small blotchy rash like area, it will resolve and fade.....its that big lacey brown web pattern that seems to last longer.
    Last edited by Carys; 13-02-19 at 17:48.

Agh I totally didn’t realise this was a thing tho, and come to think of it I get it every time I use a hot water bottle for period cramps. Now I feel stupid for potentially causing damage it myself :( they should really warn about this stuff.

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Well, in this instance, ummmmmmmmmm Toasted Skin syndrome is actually a real thing and more common than you think lol Really. The link to developing any skin cancer is miniscule, and to be honest being out in the sun this summer will have more effect that way. I reckon if its still a small blotchy rash like area, it will resolve and fade.....its that big lacey brown web pattern that seems to last longer.
    Yeah it’s an area about the size of my hand that’s blotchy brown like the pattern cellulite makes, it’s fainter than what I have seen in pictures online but clearly there. I only just noticed it so no idea how long it’s been there.

I’ve never hear of this and I’d consider myself a pro skin cancer researcher I really think you’re over thinking this and if you give it time it’ll fade!

You can relax as this burn will never turn into skin cancer which is cause by UVB rays from the sun or UVA rays from tanning beds.

Skin cancer cause by UVB rays, takes decades to develop and most cancer types are 100% curable.

Thread Information