Thread: Really worried...itching so bad

Unhappy Really worried...itching so bad

Hi everyone. I am a little nervous to post here but I need to talk to others who have HA like me.

Quick background. Diagnosed OCD with major health anxiety.

Last year I had a CT scan that found an enlarged spleen. Needless to say I fell into a deep hole with this (after googling of course). Was referred to a hematologist who repeated some tests and said he found nothing suspicious and I just have a larger spleen. But since then fears about leukemia and lymphoma plague me.

Starting this past weekend my hands and feet are itching uncontrollably. And I have had a ear/sinus infection or the flu for the past 2 months with a never ending cough. So I am so worried about lymphoma I can barely stand it.

I get horrible night sweats with my Zoloft so that is no help.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it 😢

Has anyone ever itched like this?

Re: Really worried...itching so bad

I actually went through a period of increased itchiness for like 2 months. Basically every day. Mainly my arms, hands, and legs. But occasionally other places too.

Eventually it went away about 4 months ago.

I too feared lymphoma, and honestly am still convinced I have lymphoma because of other reasons.

How large was your spleen?? Mine was 11 cm

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2girls View Post
    Hi everyone. I am a little nervous to post here but I need to talk to others who have HA like me.

Quick background. Diagnosed OCD with major health anxiety.

Last year I had a CT scan that found an enlarged spleen. Needless to say I fell into a deep hole with this (after googling of course). Was referred to a hematologist who repeated some tests and said he found nothing suspicious and I just have a larger spleen. But since then fears about leukemia and lymphoma plague me.

Starting this past weekend my hands and feet are itching uncontrollably. And I have had a ear/sinus infection or the flu for the past 2 months with a never ending cough. So I am so worried about lymphoma I can barely stand it.

I get horrible night sweats with my Zoloft so that is no help.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it 😢

Has anyone ever itched like this?
    Itching has about zero to do with cancer. Having lost 2 people to blood cancer. One to leukemia and the other Monday to myeloma, I can tell you neither one had itching. They had weight loss, tiredness, achiness. They never once questioned if they had cancer.

I got the itches de loused with lyclear and am about to have a second bout with it so basicaly i will have applied the cream 4 times so if i am itchy after that its all in my mind as it probably is

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie.welch View Post
    How large was your spleen?? Mine was 11 cm

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    Itching has about zero to do with cancer. Having lost 2 people to blood cancer. One to leukemia and the other Monday to myeloma, I can tell you neither one had itching. They had weight loss, tiredness, achiness. They never once questioned if they had cancer.
    I am so sorry for your losses.

Thread Information