Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To anyone who has had an MRI....?

To anyone who has had an MRI....?

Hi, I know no one here can translate mri results but today I got my mri report I had done last April for headaches. Everything was described as normal but one sentence as stuck out to me and I’m in one hell of a panic and I can’t control my breathing I’m so scared, it’s says
    “No significant abnormalities found in grey and white matter”

Now to mean that would me they did find something but it was relevant to headaches which is what I was refered for! And why would they not say normal like the other sections!

The thing I’m worried about at the moment is tingling and the fact it realates to MS, now i have this report I’m thinking that if I was refered for tingling in particular then this no significant abnormalities could actually be significant!! I’m in an absolute spin now, I googled grey and white matter and low and behold it came up with it being to do with sensory things. I’m so scared!

Re: To anyone who has had an MRI....?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It actually said that nothing was wrong within your brain, though! The brain is composed of grey and white matter.

April last year?

You would have been told if there was a problem. The lingo is how they report things so nothing sinister.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yeh bit odd I know but the MRI was for a chronic headache condition I have, so the referal said due to headaches. Iv had the tingling in my right side for 2 years but as I was having servere headaches at the time this was kind of shadowed, the tingling went bit in the last week come back.

It was said by my DR if it was something like MS it would of shown on the MRI so my MRI report was pulled up from last year to read, I havnt seen it before was just told normal over the phone in regards to the headaches. Now this sentence really struck of to me as I keep thinking maybe if I was refered solely for tingling then this may of mattered, it just seems a really strange was to write something no significant abnormalities, and why they didn’t just put normal findings.

Because the brain is composed entirely of grey and white matter, and they didn't find anything wrong with either.

Thank you for replying,
    It’s horrible I just analyse everything this will sit with me now, I’m so upset...
    When I first read it I though “nothing significant to report” meaning nothing was found everything looks ok.

But when the word abnormalities played on me if it said no abnormalities found in grey and white matter it would be ok but why use of the word significant...I don’t understand it’s just very vague and obviously jointing the dots with google saying where and grey matter would be where the senses come from and me tingling it’s floored me!

The opposite of abnormal is normal, though. The report states categorically that there's nothing wrong.

I'd have to dig out my files and double-check, but I'm 99% sure that exact line was on my brain MRI results. It is the normal report.

What's telling here is that your mind took what is a clear result and decided to turn it into something scary.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I think what I’m really thinking or asking is, if a leasion was found on the scan would it of definitely been reported, even if it was small or “non significant” to my headaches. I’m not a Dr and I know none of us on here are but does anyone know if that would be something that would have to be reported on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information