Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To anyone who has had an MRI....?

Re: To anyone who has had an MRI....?

I know, I can now see why we are not given these reports and just told if they are clear or not clear!!

Yeh the significant it what’s bothering me does it mean significant to the reason of referral or not significant just in the slightest as in there’s nothing to be seen!

All I can think is if tingling was written down there they’d be like “oh actually there is something there that could explain that” or even if tingling was written down would it still of said “non significant abnormalities”

My head is spinning!!

if a leasion was found on the scan would it of definitely been reported, even if it was small or “non significant” to my headaches.

Well, lets look at it this way - if a lesion was seen, or a blockage, or any other abnormality then they wouldn't be able to determine if it was related to your headaches or not. The scan records abnormalities of any sort. So, their job when doing the scan is to report anything that appears abnormal in the brain structure, then the consultant can make the judgement on if it might be causing the headaches. My mother had a brain MRI last year and there were a few abnormalities commented on, they were listed and then the report went to the consultant and they determined what those abnormalities were. So, yes, any abnormality would be reported, even if small. The relevance to your headaches I'm sure wouldn't be an issue, they are just looking for anything abnormal. Does this make sense? I know what I mean lol

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Mammograms often give the result as 'satisfactory', and the first time this made me think - what does that mean? I want NOTHING there, or CLEAR. Satisfactory means acceptable, but not 'perfect'. lol

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

Everything was described as normal

Your MRI was clear.

You know what out of everyone Iv spoken to you have actually made sense, surly it would be up to the consultant to make the decision (if there was something found) if it was concerning or not and not the radiologist who wrote the report, it’s obviously his job to put what ever he had found down small or little then my dr would have to decode the next course of action?

What bothers me a little is I paid private for this scan and the report went to my GP who just read the last sentence out when I phone for the initial result which was “normal study” The neurologist Iv seen since hasn’t even seen the scans I don’t know if he’s seen the report o was just refered I’m not sure if my god sent the report to him, agh so many questions!!

Yep, radiologists look very carefully and skillfully find ANYTHING that is abnormal. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a piece of paper saying 'this person has headaches, can you see anything relevant'? That would bias the MRI scan reporting. It really is the standard wording you have there fore a brain scan which shows nothing wrong and you are a 'normal study'.

If this was 10 months ago how come you are worrying about it now?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    If this was 10 months ago how come you are worrying about it now?
    If you see the above comments it because I had tingling down my right side for a year I was worried about MS then but out of no where I developed a chronic headache condition and the MS tingling even though still present wasn’t the forefront of my mind because I was in so much pain everyday with my head, the tingling eventually went for around 6/7 months aswell. I had the MRI because of the headache solely. Iv been diagnosed with a headache condition by a neurologist which is now under control. Well for the past week or so the tingling is back so I went to the gp, this is when my MRI was pulled back up, as she said you had an mri back in April last year something would of been relevant on that mri as you had this tingling back then also, this is now where I am as Iv now read the actual report that was given to the gp by the radiologist
    Last edited by New17; 13-02-19 at 23:50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information