Thread: Throat/Mouth Cancer Fear

Throat/Mouth Cancer Fear

Hi Everyone,

I am a new poster but have been using the forum for reassurance for some time. Today I am making my first post because my HA is going crazy to the point where I’m struggling to function.

Around 4 weeks ago I noticed what looked like a large ulcer on the back of my throat, I expected to get a sore throat or some kind of infection after this but nothing transpired. The ulcer thing remains - it looks slightly less angry in terms of redness but it doesn’t hurt it’s rather skin coloured and looks a little like a burn blister, I can swallow fine and I’ve had no symptoms. It bleeds easily if I touch it (yes I’ve been prodding around!) I’ve never had an ulcer before or any kind of mouth sore.

I should say that I have been very run down and stressed lately, I don’t know is this could be a causing factor, I have been unable to sleep because of the fear of mouth cancer, I went to the Dr’s and got given an appointment with a nurse practitioner who didn’t know what it was but gave me a Difflam throat spray - this was around 10 days ago and it hasn’t changed.

I’m a 32 year old female non smoker non drinker, I know not a typical throat cancer target but I can’t stop worrying. Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?

I do intend to make another doctors appointment now that I had used the spray for the recommended duration with no change.

Any advice/reassurance would be so appreciated.

Marcy

Re: Throat/Mouth Cancer Fear

Were you tested for HPV? I know that sometimes can cause throat ulcers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look up cobblestones in throat. Does it look like that?

I don’t think I’ve ever been tested for HPV? Is it likely I could have it if I’ve never had a coldsore or an ulcer? I’m not very educated on this subject. Also, I have a 1 year old, would I have been screened for HPV in pregnancy?

I’ve looked up cobblestone throat and mine doesn’t appear like the images I have seen, mine is one rather large looking ulcer which is more flesh coloured in the centre with a slight yellow tinge, this is why it to me resembles a blister from a burn.

I can’t find any images exactly like mine and Google just keeps leading me back to throat cancer which is making me massively anxious.

Yes you probably would have been screened through a Pap smear. Is there a chance it’s an infected tonsil stone? Have you ever had those? Or maybe just strep throat? Which actually can be symptomless. Not very common but possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information