Thread: Heart Attack Anxiety

Heart Attack Anxiety

I’m I’m not exactly sure where to begin this. About a year and a half ago I started having random pains and panic attacks, mostly regarding my heart and having a heart attack. I fear what comes after death, and the feeling of actually having and knowing that my heart is blocked. A year and a half later I still get horrifying panic attacks, as well as random pain in my left arm and shoulder, heart pains, etc. I went to the doctor as well a little over a year ago and they checked my heart out and said nothing is alarming to them, I simply have anxiety. It just feels to real. I don’t want to ever experience a heart attack. I hate these random arm and heart pains, sometimes also palpitations. It blows my mind how others don’t seem to care if they were to die or experience a heart attack. I’m so tired of it.. I’m So sick of this. I just want the heart anxiety to end for good. I would rather die from
    cancer or something than have to experience a heart attack. I don’t know what it is. Cancer would still be terrible but it’s something about the heart being blocked or having problems, and the heart, shoulder, arm pains that really get me. I hope you guys can provide help and reassurance. Thanks in advance..

Re: Heart Attack Anxiety

Anyone got any thoughts? Im 19 btw

Quote Originally Posted by pankusuta View Post
    Anyone got any thoughts? Im 19 btw

It’s difficult but what has to change is the way we think, it’s the thought patterns and latching on to worries that cause the issues. Your heart has been cleared by the doctors, you can trust in them and your heart to keep on working just fine.

Have you seen anyone in regards to your anxiety?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

I would rather die from cancer or something than have to experience a heart attack.
    I know it wasn't your intention but that statement was insensitive and inconsiderate Some truth....Having had two heart attacks, triple bypass, stents and Stage IV Head and Neck cancer, I can assure you that neither is pleasant. When I had my first heart attack, I went out in the ER. Yes, I was in pain but it was quick. All I remember is feeling a rush of sorts coming from my lower abdomen and I thought "That's weird". It started to rise up my torso and I thought "This can't be good". That's the last thing I remember. My heart went into afib and I was gone. They used the paddles to bring me back. The next thing I remember was waking up and the nurse saying "Look who's back!" I had cancer and I've watched friends and family pass from it. No, if I have a choice (which I/we don't), I don't want to know what hit me thank you!

At 19, you have no chance of either thing happening. I have and have had real physical issues that can put me in the ground. Sadly, the illness you do have does that above ground. Treat your anxiety. You're much too young to be held captive by the dragon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I know it wasn't your intention but that statement was insensitive and inconsiderate Some truth....Having had two heart attacks, triple bypass, stents and Stage IV Head and Neck cancer, I can assure you that neither is pleasant. When I had my first heart attack, I went out in the ER. Yes, I was in pain but it was quick. All I remember is feeling a rush of sorts coming from my lower abdomen and I thought "That's weird". It started to rise up my torso and I thought "This can't be good". That's the last thing I remember. My heart went into afib and I was gone. They used the paddles to bring me back. The next thing I remember was waking up and the nurse saying "Look who's back!" I had cancer and I've watched friends and family pass from it. No, if I have a choice (which I/we don't), I don't want to know what hit me thank you!

At 19, you have no chance of either thing happening. I have and have had real physical issues that can put me in the ground. Sadly, the illness you do have does that above ground. Treat your anxiety. You're much too young to be held captive by the dragon.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks so much for your reply. I do realize that cancer would be awful and have had family members pass away from ovarian cancer. I used to have a strong fear over colon cancer, and a brain tumor in the past. But it’s just something about the heart being blocked and having heart pain that makes me so fearful. But your reply helped with that for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    It’s difficult but what has to change is the way we think, it’s the thought patterns and latching on to worries that cause the issues. Your heart has been cleared by the doctors, you can trust in them and your heart to keep on working just fine.

Have you seen anyone in regards to your anxiety?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

I haven’t seen anyone regarding my anxiety really. I think the main reason is because I am fully convinced I have a heart blockage or something because of the constant and varying pains in my chest, shoulders, arms, neck. So it feels unreal that anxiety could be creating it.

I haven’t seen anyone regarding my anxiety really. I think the main reason is because I am fully convinced I have a heart blockage or something because of the constant and varying pains in my chest, shoulders, arms, neck. So it feels unreal that anxiety could be creating it.

I understand, I wish I could go back a few years and slap myself up the back of the head for the amount of times that ‘I knew’ it was ‘different this time’ or that it felt ‘too real’

Honestly it is real in the fact that you do have sensations or pain but they aren’t caused by what you’re thinking, more so they are cause by the way you are thinking. Even if you’re not stressed or panicking at the time, you have been cleared for physical medical issues. Why not treat the mental ones just as seriously? Frankly they cause more destruction to our lives than the physical ones do quite often.

Taking action with mental illnesses is so important even if you did have a physical issue, not that I think there’s a chance of that with your particular worry right now; there’s so much to show a good stable mindset is invaluable in times of physical illnesses too! There’s no point putting one aspect of your health above the other in regards to how important they are.

Mouse

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hey man, I am also 19 and hypochondriatic. I thought I had heart attack a LOT of times, but one or twice it was very scary. I went to bed some pain in my jaw, I knew at that time it might be a heart attack symptom. I immediately connected it with occasional periods when my heart would skip a beat (I still get this) and suddenly developed chest pain, and pain in my arm. This continued for some time, then I could not lay down anymore, because I felt so anxious and dizzy, and it felt like I was fanting, so I had to stand up and breath it out. I was awake till like 3 am to see if I had a heart attack and had to masturbate to calm down and sleep. I doubt it was anything sinister. Heart attack is said to usually happen in 30 minutes after full symptoms. Pains just happen lol, something you would find on HA forum rather than online symptom sites. Btw, be grateful for a heart attack worry, you fell down and die, its done, I would say cancer (depends on the site of course) is a lot worse. Hope it helped

Thread Information