Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Valentines Day ...

Re: Happy Valentines Day ...

Oo-er missus!

Don't forget to wind him up about the ring "so half price is what I'm worth is it?", "don't think you get out of spending the rest on me" That's a great saving you can reinvest elsewhere whether it's stuff at home, the wedding or holidays. A nice little bonus.

Sounds like a great relationship. The most important parts are already there and the formal stuff I'm guessing doesn't feel as pressurised with everything feeling so natural like you've always been together?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Oo-er missus!

Don't forget to wind him up about the ring "so half price is what I'm worth is it?", "don't think you get out of spending the rest on me" That's a great saving you can reinvest elsewhere whether it's stuff at home, the wedding or holidays. A nice little bonus.

Sounds like a great relationship. The most important parts are already there and the formal stuff I'm guessing doesn't feel as pressurised with everything feeling so natural like you've always been together?
    Interesting thoughts Terry but I won't suggest he spends the 'savings' on me as he's been undertaking the fence project out of his own money, so it's a fair trade off

You're right, no pressure but after 6 years together it is the right time to move the relationship up to the next level. We were both in abusive marriages (our ex spouses are both narcissistic), so we understand what each other has been through. We also have the same values and ideals. My partner is very tolerant, kind, accepting and calm and this helps me in times of anxiety. I guess we both just appreciate each other and it works for us

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Many congratulations and let us know how the planning is going? Why shouldn't you be excited-it's great news and you certainly deserve to be happy after all you have been through xx
    Well, an exciting update this morning, the jewelers rang and said my ring was ready My partner wanted to go with me to collect it (which was lovely) so this afternoon we did. It was lovely trying it on again before slipping it back into the box. We've decided to wait till the 16 March (our 6 year together anniversary) to make the formal announcement so I have to wait another 3 weeks! It's now locked away in my safe (but I do know the code)

The ring is lovely, I've gone for quality not quantity (or bling which I don't do). It's a solitaire princess (semi-rub over) diamond, set in 18 ct yellow gold.

The jewelers were also giving away a free red leather jewelry case with ring purchases so I scored one of these

For our celebration we're inviting family and friends to drop in to our place any time between 2 pm-8 pm (the following Saturday) for drinks and nibbles. I think this will add a more personal touch that going to a restaurant.

More to come ....
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 26-02-19 at 07:32.

This sounds lovely . Congratulations x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all for your kind wishes, we had a very busy day today catching up with relatives then went to a lovely local Thai Restaurant this evening. It's been a weekend of mixed emotions for us as New Zealanders, after the horrific terrorist attack in Christchurch and grappling with the realisation that this could happen to our small, peace loving country. The terrorist is an Australian not a New Zealander, which is of small comfort. We send our love to all those who have family members who were killed or injured...kia kaha (we stand together).

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Thanks all for your kind wishes, we had a very busy day today catching up with relatives then went to a lovely local Thai Restaurant this evening. It's been a weekend of mixed emotions for us as New Zealanders, after the horrific terrorist attack in Christchurch and grappling with the realisation that this could happen to our small, peace loving country. The terrorist is an Australian not a New Zealander, which is of small comfort. We send our love to all those who have family members who were killed or injured...kia kaha (we stand together).
    So pleased all is going well and congrats again on your engagement

Meanwhile, sad to hear about shocking events in NZ and send condolences to all those who lost loved ones.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Yep, an awful thing to happen. The evil nutters are a drop in the ocean compared to all the good in world as far as I'm concerned. Thoughts are with the people over there.

How is the planning coming along, Lesley?

Hi, our engagement plans went off really well and we're inviting friends to drop round and visit us this coming Saturday for drinks and nibbles. We won't be tying the knot for at least 2 years. My partners daughter is getting married sometime next year and we certainly wouldn't want to detract from that.

It's taken us 6 years to get to this point so I can confidently say our marriage will take place sometime within the next 6 years!

Ha! It could be Bridezillas if you were both at the same time

If you tell him it will take 2 years to plan he might be rushing down to the bank manager asking for a big loan

Glad to hear things went well

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Ha! It could be Bridezillas if you were both at the same time
    Glad to hear things went well
    Soapy water mouthwash for you Terry ... there's NO WAY my partners ex-wife (mother of their daughter getting married) would get anywhere near our wedding!! She's a nasty narcissist and left him for a wealthy farmer in another town, taking their daughters with her although they'd never met her new man!! Luckily his eldest daughter came back to him within 6 months and the younger a few years later

No bank loans for us, it will be done tastefully but on a low budget!! I have a low mortgage on my home and my partner is clearing his completely next month

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information