Thread: Anybody else suffer from chronic constipation and how do you improve it?

Anybody else suffer from chronic constipation and how do you improve it?

I think I have chronic constipation. I have never been regular, even for as long as I can remember, but I'm wondering if I should get my bowels etc seen to professionally. I have to continually take laxatives to help ease my bowel movements otherwise I could go a week or more wihout a bowel movement.

My bowels are so weird. Sometimes In the past I was able to go twice or more a week, but then I will go for months where I'm only going once a week or need laxatives to help.

I do intermittent fast and have done for a good 2-3 years. I also suffer from anxiety and, although I haven't been officially diagnosed, I was told I may have IBS. When I do go toilet I have no blood in feces. I don't suffer from any abdominal pain or bloating issues, nothing that would suggest it's anything worse than maybe IBS or due to other harmless issues like fasting, anxiety etc.

The only thing that's bothering me at the moment is when I can't go toilet it makes me anxious and I worry. Then I will take a laxative and when it works I feel good again, but then I'm paranoid about eating too much again afterwards in case I get clogged up.

I went to a nurse practitioner and told her about this, she prescribed me some asphagula husk to drink for a week. I haven't seen too much of a difference tbh, although maybe because every few days I use a laxative so I can't know if the husk is working.

I don't know what else to do. Should I ask doctor If I can get a scan on my colon/bowels or could this all be just the way I am and I will forever have to live with constipation issues?

Re: Anybody else suffer from chronic constipation and how do you improve it?

Honestly I always find excersise or just getting on with your day being distracted from the fact you’re constipated helps

Re: Anybody else suffer from chronic constipation and how do you improve it?

Eat lots of All Bran and drink lots of water...it never fails to work, it makes you regular every day

Thread Information