Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itchy i can not scratch

Itchy i can not scratch

Anyone had or having problems with itchy skin i have had this for the past few weeks with no sign of it slowing up i did use lyclear just over a week ago and it seemed to help so i will be using this again tomorrow with head lice shampoo and doing it again 3 days then 5 days from then no one else is itchy in the house only me i have no solutions to this so if you can help please doo

Thanks in advanced

Re: Itchy i can not scratch

I’ve had very itchy and dry skin all over this year and around all season changes. Winter is the worst for it, my partner is finding the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thanks for the reply midnight just had a shower and put my t shirt on from last night fresh pjs last night and noticed 5 or 6 blood dots at the back of the t shirt adament im getting bit by something

Quote Originally Posted by Mindsight View Post
    Thanks for the reply midnight just had a shower and put my t shirt on from last night fresh pjs last night and noticed 5 or 6 blood dots at the back of the t shirt adament im getting bit by something

It could be, have you got animals that could bring anything in? Another possibility is you had a spot and scratched it in your sleep or something similar? Itching throughout the year can be caused by so many different things. Even your wash powder/capsule, even if you’ve used the same one for years, the same goes for body soap and shampoos too! It even could be your diet. Sometimes it’s a game of elimination and trail and error. I have worked out by deduction that I’m itchy because of the dry air - it’s the first year this has happened to me though, that being said I am a itchy mess throughout the summer because of allergies so it’s not surprising.

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Itching is also caused by anxiety, you might of had some mild foot poisoning or reaction and started thinking about itching, which is kept alive with your anxiety, I have this, and actually I itch just now when thinking about it.

Currently i have tried everything and today i will start the delousing from head to toe buying new clothes and see if that helps i will litrally do anything at this time tbh its a suttle crawl type itch that is not persistant and this is everywhere throughout the body at all stages of the day and night

Have you tried antihistamines? Since going on BP meds I've had itching issues and it's all over like being poked with needles. Antihistamine helps take most of it away.

Thanks terry i will try it i can not describe this itch tbh its like a crawl that only goes less than 1/2 inch but its intense then i get a prickle feeling other places and i can feel my hairs move on my legs some times which i think ppl call crawling on skin feeling

That's what they call paraesthesia by the sounds of it. It covers things like pins & needles but there are types of it like crawling sensations. Anxiety can be a cause like so many things we experience on here.

It might be worth asking your pharmacist. They can give you advice on things to try and determine if it's best your GP has a look. With it being dry as well they can rule out any infection. My parents have had skin infections where they had dry skin, inflammation, itching, etc but they were easily treated with a course or two of antibiotics.

I will keep on with my pursuit my gp is not the best listner tbh and getting information is like blood from a stone i am now left to my own devices as they palmed me off with anxiety ans cream which is great if it wasnt for the spots/ itching getting worse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information