Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone has a hard lump on their palate ?

Re: Anyone has a hard lump on their palate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Liddy1993 View Post
    there’s your answer! Unless you think you are incredibly special to get something with a 1 in 1 million chance? When I stick my tongue up to my palette I have a lump too and it’s a lighter pink than the rest of my palette. It’s not often you’d be feeling around or looking inside there so this could’ve been the way it is all your life or it could be as I said just an abnormality. There are far more reasons why you don’t have cancer than the one reason you might and that reason is you think you have it. How many other things have you thought you had and it turned out you hadn’t? Get it checked out to reassure yourself if needs be but I truly don’t think it’s necessary.

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

What I find works when I’m spiralling and freaking out is to list out the reasons I don’t have whatever I think I have and they always outweigh the bad. Stop googling too I do this and end up knowing too much and too much info is dangerous.
    Is it away from the centre though ? Because center lumps are usually torus...

A lot, ALS, I actually I had this cancer I think now but in the lip, lymphoma, IDK about 15 disease at least. I hope I am not "special" to get this cancer. Its one in 100 million non age adjusted though, I guess this would make about 1 in, idk 10 million of males aged 0-24.

It’s slightly off center. I’ve read your post about the lip lumps I have them all over my lips I can bite them between my teeth and they move I everyone has them. I also have them in my breasts and in other fatty areas. It’s not lymphoma. I mean special as in why do you think that with the tiny % of you getting it that you would be the one to get that cancer? I think you need to address your thinking more so than the diseases you think you have. I’ve already said I don’t think it’s possible for you to have the cancer you think you have but you don’t seem to want to think that so maybe get it checked out when your ent is back from vacation for reassurance and you can put it to rest. Best wishes.
    Last edited by Liddy1993; 15-02-19 at 18:43.

It’s slightly off center. I’ve read your post about the lip lumps I have them all over my lips I can bite them between my teeth and they move I everyone has them. I also have them in my breasts and in other fatty areas. It’s not lymphoma. I mean special as in why do you think that with the tiny % of you getting it that you would be the one to get that cancer? I think you need to address your thinking more so than the diseases you think you have. I’ve already said I don’t think it’s possible for you to have the cancer you think you have but you don’t seem to want to think that so maybe get it checked out when your ent is back from vacation for reassurance and you can put it to rest. Best wishes.
    Yeah, I am not linking the lip lumps to lymphoma, I thought I had lymphoma because swollen lymph nodes (proved by an ultrasound) with mild abnormatilities. Those worries are not up to date though, I only worry about the palate. Btw, of centre, means...how far, like in the middle between centre and tonsil, or closer to center ? Sorry for seeking the reassurance this way. I am grateful for you helping me .

This is very common, many people have a small lump like this on their palate that comes and goes. I've had one for decades and occasionally it becomes inflamed (especially if I've eaten something sharp like corn chips) that's aggravated it!!

It's completely normal and benign, often they're there from birth.

I’ve had the lymph node worries too glad you put that one behind you. Mine is just slightly off centre of my palette. Are you sure it isn’t just the bony part of your palette you’re feeling or is there a separate lump on that?

I’ve had the lymph node worries too glad you put that one behind you. Mine is just slightly off centre of my palette. Are you sure it isn’t just the bony part of your palette you’re feeling or is there a separate lump on that?
    Ah I see, so your does not sound like the torus probably, that one should be right in the center I think. I don't know, what you mean by a bony part though, like just a normal part of the palate which is naturally raised ?

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    This is very common, many people have a small lump like this on their palate that comes and goes. I've had one for decades and occasionally it becomes inflamed (especially if I've eaten something sharp like corn chips) that's aggravated it!!

It's completely normal and benign, often they're there from birth.
    Thanks for helping at least I hope lol. Where is your located ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information