Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breast exam?

Re: Anyone who has ever found a breast lump

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

I have an area in my left breast exactly like you are describing. Its like I can feel its edges, and its a little firmer than my other tissue but yet feels the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    I have an area in my left breast exactly like you are describing. Its like I can feel its edges, and its a little firmer than my other tissue but yet feels the same too.
    This is my left boob too. Side boob...at a 2o’clock position.
    Have you ever worried about yours or had it checked?

Quote Originally Posted by Limeslime View Post
    This is my left boob too. Side boob...at a 2o’clock position.
    Have you ever worried about yours or had it checked?
    I've had several checks. In 2016 I had a mammogram and breast MRI. I saw a surgeon like 3 times and then earlier this year I saw my gynecologist like 3 times for breast exams. She's never mentioned anything.

It feels like a triangle in shape or rubber band like and has edges but I can't move it. It's kinda flat but firm and rubbery.

Wow, I wish I could have as many reassurance as that! All I’ve been able to get is two breast exams is n the past nine months. And by breast exam I just mean a GP checking with her hands. Last one was done in early August.
    I’m 34, and in the UK we cannot get routine breast screening until we’re over 50.
    I honestly think I’ll just keep finding more lumps to worry about until I can have some kind of screening done! My breasts are big and very lumpy, keeping on top of what’s normal for them is a mine field!!!

It only reassured me for q short time, like a couple months. I always worry about things being missed. I'm 33 and here in US it's 40. My breasts are the same, big and lumpy. They don't feel the same as each other so I can't compare and they're different sizes. Feel free to PM me anytime, breast stuff freaks me out. I'm literally terrified to touch them but I do monthly exams.

Hi!

Just got back from a follow up appt w/ the new breast surgeon at my clinic for the two lumps I have. While she was doing a manual exam, she mentioned that the 2 o'clock position (where I have one of the lumps) is a breast ridge where the breast tissue is much thicker and can feel like a lump in some women. In general, it's an area of thicker tissue. I don't know if this helps ease your worries in any way but I thought I'd chime in since my surgeon made sure I understood this as part of my own boob understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by MJunderway View Post
    Hi!

Just got back from a follow up appt w/ the new breast surgeon at my clinic for the two lumps I have. While she was doing a manual exam, she mentioned that the 2 o'clock position (where I have one of the lumps) is a breast ridge where the breast tissue is much thicker and can feel like a lump in some women. In general, it's an area of thicker tissue. I don't know if this helps ease your worries in any way but I thought I'd chime in since my surgeon made sure I understood this as part of my own boob understanding.
    I have ridges like that as well,same place both sudes. Although my left is more prominent.

Re: Possible breast indent

I’m having this issue. I’m 37. I’ve had a full work up and wasn’t sent for biopsy or MRI. I’m still self monitoring.

I feel so overwhelmed like you, that they are large minefields and overwhelm me. I had a diagnostic digital mammogram and ultrasound and it stopped my panic two months, but here I am again.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information