Thread: Heart palpitations

Heart palpitations

Hello everyone,

So I,ve had heart palpitations on and off for about 4-6 months now, it started out after vigorous excercise, I would feel like my heart was skipping beats. This increased my level of anxiety and made it worse.

Went to my family dr who assured me that it was probably nothing to worry about but sent me to a cardiologist just to be on the safe side. I had a 24 hr holter monitor which only showed 20 PACS during that period. Cardiologist sAid that was insignificant. During my appt the dr performed an ECG and was able to see some irregular heart beats. Also during the physical examination she said: you’re hving some right now arent you? I can hear an irregular heart beat (skipping). Blood work was good, and she said just to cover all bases she’ll send me for an echo later this month. She said shes not expecting to find anything but just to make sure.

Even though she didn’t seem concerned I am afraid there could be something strucuraly wrong with my heart thats causing the palpitations. She said it was probably coming from the upper chamber of my heart.

Im another wise healthy 30 y/o male, physically active, dont smoke and rarely have more than 1 beer.

This is driving me crazy and now i feel these palpitations all the time, after work out, watching tv, resting... all the time.

Help!

Thanks for reading this long post!

Rey

Re: Heart palpitations

Anybody?

Have you read this:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/palpitations

They are harmless

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It sounds good. PACs occur in the less important upper part of the heart, so while they may feel alarming, there's not really anything they can do to you. There is an irritable focus point they're coming from, in essence a twitch that sets off the otherwise normal heartbeat early.

Many of us have found the York Cardiology channel on YouTube to be helpful and reassuring, so I'd suggest having a look there.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Have you read this:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/palpitations

They are harmless
    Thank you so much. I’m going to give it a read!

Rey

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aaahhfreakout View Post
    It sounds good. PACs occur in the less important upper part of the heart, so while they may feel alarming, there's not really anything they can do to you. There is an irritable focus point they're coming from, in essence a twitch that sets off the otherwise normal heartbeat early.

Many of us have found the York Cardiology channel on YouTube to be helpful and reassuring, so I'd suggest having a look there.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond! I will check out that youtube channel for sure!

Rey

Hey Rey how have you been doing now?

Hi, just stumbled upon your post. Not sure if you are still active however what you have described above, even including the first episode being after exercise sounds EXACTLY the same as my story I’ve had a 24hour and 72 hour ecg, pretty much had to force my GP to send me for another 24hour just in case, seen a top cardiologist 3 times and he is sure there is nothing to worry about and that ‘alot’ of this is down to the adrenaline and other chemicals produced in the body by Anxiety. Believing it is the hard part!

This is what happened to my on my very first ECG. Scared the daylights out of me. I then had to go for an echo to be sure. I have white collar syndrome and had a HR of 180bpm during my testing due to extreme anxiety. They were almost going to keep me in. It was fast because I'd cycled 5 miles very quickly to get to my appointment. Anyway, sounds like you're all good Exercise always causes them for me. But I can ignore them now. I can't remember the last time I let anxiety heart problems dominate my life.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Hi guys,

just thought of giving all an update. My palpitations have pretty much disappeared, with the random one here and there. After my appt with the cardiologist i was given the all clear.

must have been the anxiety and stress causing them.

Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Rey1989 View Post
    Hi guys,

just thought of giving all an update. My palpitations have pretty much disappeared, with the random one here and there. After my appt with the cardiologist i was given the all clear.

must have been the anxiety and stress causing them.

Rey
    It's scary what anxiety can do isn't it? Great to hear that you've been given the all clear.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thread Information