Thread: Worried about lymphoma this time..

Worried about lymphoma this time..

I am in my late 20s and know someone around my age who unfortunately passed away recently from lymphoma. This triggered a health scare in me, because I remember waking up a few weeks ago after a terrible night of sleep drenched in sweat, and had to wash my bed sheets the next day. I haven’t had an issue since and have no fever or enlarged lymph nodes (as far as I know), but I have lost a 5+ lb in the few weeks. When I had the night sweats 3-4 weeks ago, I was battling a sinus infection and insomnia. On top of that, I guess the weight loss could be due to me having a terrible stomach virus a few days ago and still not eating as much food as I did before. I was up all night throwing up and barely ate the next day. I have been working out like I normally do and feel like my energy level is normal. Actually, I felt amazing earlier after a really good intense workout, but my stomach starting making those gurgling sounds you get when you’re hungry and I started feeling a little off, which triggered my anxiety.

Should the night sweats on that one night be enough to cause concern?
    Last edited by beq45; 17-02-19 at 03:14.

Re: Worried about lymphoma this time..

You had an infection when you had the night your worried about, it’s completely normal. I will say the same to your weight also. You have reasons explaining everything you are worried about.

Even without having an infection and stomach virus the small amount of weight is definitely not dramatic or unexpected, our weights can fluctuate by 5 pounds in a day! The odd night waking up sweating isn’t really a concern, especially when anxiety is at play.

For example my other half experienced a night like this just last week, he wasn’t ill and has no mental illnesses but he hasn’t thought twice about it.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

You don't have lymphoma, one night of night sweats means nothing. I remember when I had my lymphoma fear, I read about people who really had lymphoma, and they would be drenched in their sweat, to the point their hair was wet and so was their mattress, and they would have to change their clothes and dry their hair before they got back into bed.

Because I don't have Health Anxiety anymore, atleast not to the point where it bothers me like it used too, it has become apparent to me that you can wake up very sweaty without it meaning anything at all, its happened to me before.

The 5lbs weightloss in a few weeks, is really nothing. You may be eating less than you think because of your anxiety, and also as you mention you are working out, so our working out ontop of eating less than you think you are. I remember reading about lymphoma paitents who lose close to 20lbs in two weeks.

So the point is, with a lymphoma fear, you can relate those symptoms according to your own, but the fact is, those symptoms in a lymphoma paitent is far more severe that we all have experienced. Like dramatically more severe.

Lymphoma is a common fear on here, you can find millions of threads that go back years on this site, that is how common this fear is. I think there has only ever been 1 person who was diagnosed, but don't let that scare you, because her symptoms from what I remember were very clear cut symptoms of the disease and nothing like what the rest of us have said in our lymphoma fear threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav View Post
    You don't have lymphoma, one night of night sweats means nothing. I remember when I had my lymphoma fear, I read about people who really had lymphoma, and they would be drenched in their sweat, to the point their hair was wet and so was their mattress, and they would have to change their clothes and dry their hair before they got back into bed.

Because I don't have Health Anxiety anymore, atleast not to the point where it bothers me like it used too, it has become apparent to me that you can wake up very sweaty without it meaning anything at all, its happened to me before.

The 5lbs weightloss in a few weeks, is really nothing. You may be eating less than you think because of your anxiety, and also as you mention you are working out, so our working out ontop of eating less than you think you are. I remember reading about lymphoma paitents who lose close to 20lbs in two weeks.

So the point is, with a lymphoma fear, you can relate those symptoms according to your own, but the fact is, those symptoms in a lymphoma paitent is far more severe that we all have experienced. Like dramatically more severe.

Lymphoma is a common fear on here, you can find millions of threads that go back years on this site, that is how common this fear is. I think there has only ever been 1 person who was diagnosed, but don't let that scare you, because her symptoms from what I remember were very clear cut symptoms of the disease and nothing like what the rest of us have said in our lymphoma fear threads.
    Thank you for your response. Would I know if I had enlarged lymph nodes like the ones that lymphoma will cause? I haven’t noticed any on my body, but am nervous that I’m missing a spot.

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    You had an infection when you had the night your worried about, it’s completely normal. I will say the same to your weight also. You have reasons explaining everything you are worried about.

Even without having an infection and stomach virus the small amount of weight is definitely not dramatic or unexpected, our weights can fluctuate by 5 pounds in a day! The odd night waking up sweating isn’t really a concern, especially when anxiety is at play.

For example my other half experienced a night like this just last week, he wasn’t ill and has no mental illnesses but he hasn’t thought twice about it.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you. I just thought the night sweats on that one night was so out of the blue. I have had really bad night sweats like that before, but it’s been years.

Thread Information