Dear All,

Hope you are all doing well.

I am 23 years old female.

I cannot stop crying for my recent bowel change which has been going on for 3.5 weeks now.

I started a 5 day course of antibiotic on the 22nd of Jan for my sore throat. While I was on the antibiotic, I started having diarrhea. The diarrhea stopped after my antibiotic ended, but I had 2 more days of constipation. The constipation perhaps caused me to bleed a little from my rectal area.

I got better for that and everything was normal for another week until.... a week ago. I started bloating and started having a diarrhea again which had mucus all over and the diarrhea & the mucus was all green.

Now the green color, pain and bloating has gone away but the diarrhea is still here. Sometimes in the morning my stool gets normal, sometimes its soft, sometimes its watery.

I never had any of these before, and I cannot stop crying. I am thinking of the worst situation ever. I suffer from general anxiety and OCD anyway.

Googling symptoms and reading stories of young people dying is killing me inside.

I want a normal life again.

I went to a doctor. He checked my stomach to see if he can feel lumps or tenderness. He did a digital rectal examination. And he thinks they are all fine. He gave me a blood and stool test telling me he thinks it is probably an infection or so. He will call me again in a week or so.

I cannot stop crying. I don't want to die. I want to live so bad. I want to be with my mom, my little brother, my boyfriend..I want to love them so much.

I can't believe everything was so normal just 3.5 weeks ago.