Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel Changes - Cannot Stop Crying - Please Help

Re: Bowel Changes - Cannot Stop Crying - Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    The easiest way to do it is to just grit your teeth and force yourself to live with the uncertainty.

My pet worry is vaginal bleeding (except when my period's due, at which point I worry obsessively about the absence of vaginal bleeding). All you're going to land up with either way, though, are unhygienic fingers and a sore downstairs area :/
    I have the same fear. This and checking for blood in stools. I just wish I knew how to force myself to live with the uncertainty. Usually I can cope but sometimes I just can't

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    Time, learning to rationalise my thoughts and identify which ones are anxiety or OCD induced. Then just sitting with the thoughts, not allowing myself to obsess or look for answers. Sometimes things just are, especially with the body.

The body is ever changing, new things happen all the time - it’s only when we are hyper focused and checking every little thing we really notice.

I don’t look for reassurance, I don’t google, I don’t preform checks, and I’m not scared I’ll miss something because when something is wrong it’s known without a doubt, it’s not subtle or something you worry about it’s something that’s very clear.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have given me a lot of reassurance and the last line is very true. My doctor told me the same, that if something serious goes on, it will be obvious to them at least.

I wonder if this is my anxiety but sometimes I think "what if I have given the hospital the wrong number? Did I even give them any number?" I know that they always take numbers but my anxiety is causing me a foggy mind and I am confusing my thoughts. I am thinking that maybe I gave them the wrong number. Maybe thats why I never received any call from them.

This is silly I know.

Can someone just reassure me about something? What does a change in bowel habits mean?

I feel like my bowel habits keep changing. I sometimes get normal stools (rarely) mostly soft, sometimes completely loose and sometimes constipation. Most days around 2 to 3 times a day and some days only once a day.

Did any of you face this?

That actually sounds a lot like the way I've been for ages. Occasionally I wonder about it, but I figure even a slow-growing cancer would've made me feel properly ill after about fifteen years.

That actually sounds a lot like the way I've been for ages. Occasionally I wonder about it, but I figure even a slow-growing cancer would've made me feel properly ill after about fifteen years.
    Have you mentioned this to your doctor? Did they seem concerned?

I haven't mentioned it to my doctor, no, because it doesn't cause me any problems with my day-to-day life. If I go through a bad phase, I take it as a hint that I need to eat more healthily for a while, which tends to make it easier.

The other thing I find that makes it much worse is a lack of sleep, for what it's worth.

I haven't mentioned it to my doctor, no, because it doesn't cause me any problems with my day-to-day life. If I go through a bad phase, I take it as a hint that I need to eat more healthily for a while, which tends to make it easier.

The other thing I find that makes it much worse is a lack of sleep, for what it's worth.
    But do you experience abdominal pain? I rarely have it and i thought IBS causes abdominal pain. Do these symptoms happen daily?

I read somewhere that people get random IBS flare ups and some on the other hand have IBS symptoms everyday.

Most days I suffer from non-optimal bowel movements; sometimes I get cramps along with it but not that often. I have no clue whether I have IBS or just a sensitive stomach, or whether there's even a difference.

Most days I suffer from non-optimal bowel movements; sometimes I get cramps along with it but not that often. I have no clue whether I have IBS or just a sensitive stomach, or whether there's even a difference.
    I thought they meant the same.
    I am glad you overcame your fears BlueIris.

It seems like my symptoms are very similar to yours.

When did all these start for you? Hold old were you then? And now?

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information