Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel Changes - Cannot Stop Crying - Please Help

Re: Bowel Changes - Cannot Stop Crying - Please Help

Hmm. I first remember it being an issue when I was around, what, 14 or 15?

I turned 42 a few weeks ago.

It's never been more than an occasional nuisance for me, though, despite not being normal in the classical sense, so I've come to the conclusion it's just how my body works.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Hmm. I first remember it being an issue when I was around, what, 14 or 15?

I turned 42 a few weeks ago.

It's never been more than an occasional nuisance for me, though, despite not being normal in the classical sense, so I've come to the conclusion it's just how my body works.
    True.

Also, it seems like everyone in my family uses the washroom at random times. But on google it says that frequency matters a lot. I thought its normal to have increased or decreased frequency of stools from time to time?

Quote Originally Posted by glittery View Post
    True.

Also, it seems like everyone in my family uses the washroom at random times. But on google it says that frequency matters a lot. I thought its normal to have increased or decreased frequency of stools from time to time?
    I would definitely consider it normal, at least it is with my partner and I. My frequency changes drastically over any given time. His less so but he’s not regular or consistent with how often he goes. I think we all have different patterns that are normal for us.

I go through phases where I’m lucky if I need to go less than three times a day and then be lucky if I had a single movement in three days.

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    I would definitely consider it normal, at least it is with my partner and I. My frequency changes drastically over any given time. His less so but he’s not regular or consistent with how often he goes. I think we all have different patterns that are normal for us.

I go through phases where I’m lucky if I need to go less than three times a day and then be lucky if I had a single movement in three days.

Mouse

I agree but it just scares the f out of me because it says on newspaper that younger people from 20s to 30s are having colon cancer, and that we should not ignore symptoms like change in bowel habits

On one hand my symptoms sound completely normal, and on the other hand google, newspaper and cancerchats make it sound like I must push for a colonoscopy.

But I dont want to have a colonoscopy and I dont think doctors will want it either.

It is only in this forum do I hear stories of people who have these symptoms and are normal. But google?...

I am not going to work today because I am feeling depressed.

It is only in this forum do I hear stories of people who have these symptoms and are normal. But google?...
    Well I can’t imagine an article saying ‘the amount I poop fluctuates and I’m fine’ to be very news worthy, do you?

The fact of it is you’re unlikely to see others discussing things like that just for the ‘fun’ of it if they aren’t worried, Hence why you see discussions of it here and on medical boards (which I would definitely be staying away from, the same as google)

I also just did a google search for you, using a non health anxiety brain and most things that come up in relation to changes in frequency start by saying that most ‘changes in bowel habits’ are not sinister and the first thing they mention are things like ibs and stress related issues. - I think that as you’re posting here it’s quite obvious that you’re experiencing stress.

I am not going to work today because I am feeling depressed.
    There’s nothing wrong with a mental health day, just make sure you spend it actually taking care of yourself, not down a google rabbit hole looking for reasons that you should be worried - remember I’ve been on the HA train and I remember just how it feels.

With that in mind, what are you going to do today?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Well I can’t imagine an article saying ‘the amount I poop fluctuates and I’m fine’ to be very news worthy, do you?

The fact of it is you’re unlikely to see others discussing things like that just for the ‘fun’ of it if they aren’t worried, Hence why you see discussions of it here and on medical boards (which I would definitely be staying away from, the same as google)

I also just did a google search for you, using a non health anxiety brain and most things that come up in relation to changes in frequency start by saying that most ‘changes in bowel habits’ are not sinister and the first thing they mention are things like ibs and stress related issues. - I think that as you’re posting here it’s quite obvious that you’re experiencing stress.

There’s nothing wrong with a mental health day, just make sure you spend it actually taking care of yourself, not down a google rabbit hole looking for reasons that you should be worried - remember I’ve been on the HA train and I remember just how it feels.

With that in mind, what are you going to do today?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

You always make me feel better Mouse. I ended up going to work because I have missed a day this month due to some passport issues. Plus, my mom thought I didn't need any mental break. She is very annoyed at me. She thinks that my changing bowel habits and 2 months long soft stools are normal.

Also, I am not sure if you or anyone here had any anal fissure before. But the thing is I can clearly see fissures on my rectal area, but they are not "too" painful, they are a little painful when I have a hard/normal stool only. It keeps opening up every time I have a normal stool. I heard from some people that their anal fissure caused them severe pain. It does cause me pain but not severe.

I completely ignore these thoughts for 8 hours or so, but they come back again every 8 hours to haunt me.

You always make me feel better Mouse. I ended up going to work because I have missed a day this month due to some passport issues. Plus, my mom thought I didn't need any mental break. She is very annoyed at me. She thinks that my changing bowel habits and 2 months long soft stools are normal.

Also, I am not sure if you or anyone here had any anal fissure before. But the thing is I can clearly see fissures on my rectal area, but they are not "too" painful, they are a little painful when I have a hard/normal stool only. It keeps opening up every time I have a normal stool. I heard from some people that their anal fissure caused them severe pain. It does cause me pain but not severe.

I completely ignore these thoughts for 8 hours or so, but they come back again every 8 hours to haunt me.
    Yeah I’ve had fissures, they take a while for me to heal but I’ve not had excruciating pain from them, just enough to know it’s there really, a little sore and perhaps itchy at times but nothing that ever stopped me in my tracks at all.

I think sometimes people struggle in understanding the thought processes behind the worries of someone with anxiety, she’s probably more frustrated that she can’t help make you feel better than annoyed with you.

Long soft stools can definitely be considered normal, it’s still in the good section of the Bristol stool chart. It’s often related to diet choices too as well as stress and anxiety.

Mouse

Yeah I’ve had fissures, they take a while for me to heal but I’ve not had excruciating pain from them, just enough to know it’s there really, a little sore and perhaps itchy at times but nothing that ever stopped me in my tracks at all.

I think sometimes people struggle in understanding the thought processes behind the worries of someone with anxiety, she’s probably more frustrated that she can’t help make you feel better than annoyed with you.

Long soft stools can definitely be considered normal, it’s still in the good section of the Bristol stool chart. It’s often related to diet choices too as well as stress and anxiety.

Mouse

actually mines aren't long and soft (rarely), mine is mostly type 5 and often type 6. This is what makes me sad, I am not having a good stool for a long time now :(

and the strange thing is i don't get incontinence or anything with it. In fact I have a little bit of straining with this. I thought straining happens with constipation only.
    Last edited by glittery; 28-03-19 at 00:40.

actually mines aren't long and soft (rarely), mine is mostly type 5 and often type 6. This is what makes me sad, I am not having a good stool for a long time now :(
    21 pages about your poo Not a Toby or Mr. Lurcher but the pattern is the same.

You definitely have anxiety and what's happening is your body's reaction to it. Treat the root of the problem and you help treat the symptoms.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    21 pages about your poo Not a Toby or Mr. Lurcher but the pattern is the same.

You definitely have anxiety and what's happening is your body's reaction to it. Treat the root of the problem and you help treat the symptoms.

Positive thoughts
    I tried Fisgmanpa, I stopped googling in the middle and I was sort of happy with whatever I have. But nothing changed even then. I just wish doctors gave me a conclusion.

I have always had anxiety, how come it didnt effect me before?

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information