Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conflicting confusing information

Conflicting confusing information

So I’ve been having some issues with my hormones which I’ve posted about before and had a raft of tests all came back normal. I also coincidentally had a smear which was due which came back ‘negative for HPV so no further testing was needed’
    So on follow up with my gp I told her I’d had no further bleeding after sex and that my last period was a little lighter than they had been (bern on copper could now about 8 months). She said I didn’t need any swabs or an internal doing but she could still do them if I wanted.
    I agreed to her doing them for peace of mind and she did STI swabs and while checking my cervix etc said she saw a very small ulceration/scratch. She said she didn’t think it was cancer but would refer me on a two week wait to get it checked. This was Thursday. I got an urgent hospital appointment for Monday.
    Friday the surgery called to say my hospital app had been cancelled as it didn’t fit protocol. But they wanted to get me in on a four week wait. So I got an app for a colposcopy in March.
    Yesterday I got a letter for the original app saying it had been cancelled as the consultant had looked at my referral and didn’t think I needed to be seen.
    I’m so confused about it all and really anxious and worried. I’ve never had an abnormal smear abxmt recent smear was negative. It’s on my mind constantly and I can’t relax.

Re: Conflicting confusing information

Hi I’m sorry you are going through this.

When did you have the smear test versus the appointment that found some redness on the cervix? It would be super weird for cancer to suddenly appear after a clear checkup where I guess the also checked the look of your cervix.

I had my smear in January. Then the appointment was Thursday. I guess they do see your cervix but maybe they don’t comment as they know it’s going for testing anyway? My last smear before this was three years ago and also normal. I’ve never had any abnormal smears, no treatment or anything.
    Last edited by dodo; 20-02-19 at 22:45.

When I had a smear the nurse checked the appearance and referred me via fast track so they definitely do check and will refer when concerned. Did you bleed after your smear at all? I wonder if they scratched you then perhaps. Although they don't want to see you on the fast track route you can call the Colposcopy clinic and put your name on the waiting list to be called if they have any cancellations. People cancel fairly frequently there due to coming on their period etc, so it's definitely worth a try xx

I did yes, I usually do. But that was a couple of weeks back so would think that would have cleared up by now? Any scratches from that. It did occur to me though. My rearranged appointment is in a couple of weeks so can wait for that. But oddly I had another letter come through the post today saying my appointment had been cancelled, I don’t know whether that’s referring to the first one. It’s getting odder. Going to call the gp surgery tomorrow and see if they can set the record straight.

Oh how frustrating for you. It sounds like you're doing better if you're okay waiting. That's good xxx

I wouldn’t say I’m any better, it’s cauding me massive anxiety. But I know I can’t be seen any quicker so trying to put it out my mind for the most part. I’m just so exhausted o don’t think I have the energy to overthink it. I’m on day two of my period and I’m literally wiped out. i don’t understand how all my blood tests can be spot on and yet I feel so exhausted and stiff and sore all over every morning and into the day. I want to improve my fitness so much but my body just says no. I can’t even tolerate walking far. Getting up out of bed or off the floor or sofa is a struggle sometimes.

Aw dodo that must be really hard, I'm sorry. Have you spoken to your GP about being so fatigued? Xx

Yes I’ve had no end of tests and all came back normal. I’m just at a loss and not enjoying my life as I should be because of it.

Has fibromyalgia been considered ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information