Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum problems/feedback.

Re: New Forum problems/feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Not seen that terry, can you try it in private browsing as I suspect you have some cached pages.

The site will not work with JavaScript off and that’s something I will not be changing as it’s simply not worth it

Thanks

Alex
    Thanks Alex, I cleared the cache and switched the forum skin back to mobile and it stopped this happening.

The ad issues are something I get around, and could with a blocker anyway, so I wouldn't be entertaining you changing it to work without JavaScript as it's very useful. It's only that edit issue that seems to be a problem and that has only appeared since the upgrade so I expect that just one of the buggy issues to sort out. I've been using both formats and I think they both work better on a small screen mobile than the previous version, even with the ads it's less of an issue than it was. The upgrade is well worth it.

Im not a fan of the new look I have to say.

Seems the forum is more quiet now too.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post

It is standard VB4 out of the box more or less so not a lot we can do about that. The whole point of the upgrade was to get a mobile version and a more up-to-date version of VB. We didn't like VB5 so opted for VB4.

Not noticed that it is quieter to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post

I am sure that we will get used to it, like Nic I have not noticed it being any quieter

Nic,

You know the problem I emailed you with the edit function and how it's messing the tags up? I've just been replying to several PM's but pasted the others into the reply box for one message to so they went together and it's doing it there too. I couldn't even remove the excess tags and paste it into a fresh copy as it added even more tags in the same places so it was worse.

Otherwise I like how the new PM system auto adds the reply text in the post box underneath.

I’m really trying to like it, but there are things I really miss. Like in the What’s New section you can’t see who started the thread until you click on it. And also you can’t see who else is viewing the thread. I’m just finding it all a bit confusing- but maybe that’s coz I’m 40+!!
    Thank you so much for all the hard work though, I hate sounding complainy

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Mrs C. You haven't been barred - others can see your posts. For some reason we can't see our own "new" post or thread in "New Posts". If you search under your recent posts, it will appear

All will be well and someone will come along!
    I feel invisible too! My own posts disappear (to me). It’s disconcerting!!

That is the way it works for now jojo - standard VB4 stuff. We have added it to the list to look at at some point.

MNIT - all your stuff is on the list as well
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 26-02-19 at 22:47.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    I’m really trying to like it, but there are things I really miss. Like in the What’s New section you can’t see who started the thread until you click on it. And also you can’t see who else is viewing the thread. I’m just finding it all a bit confusing- but maybe that’s coz I’m 40+!!
    Thank you so much for all the hard work though, I hate sounding complainy
    Is this on mobile?

Could you see who was viewing a thread on VB3 ?

I am on a mobile. Is that the trouble? Yes I could see who was viewing the thread and who had started the thread before

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information