Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: New Forum problems/feedback.

Re: New Forum problems/feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Yeah added the friends functions back :-)

Is this the popup that appears when you lick on a name in a post?
    Ah, that's why I didn't get this then...I generally don't lick people's names

...I do sometimes tenderly caress them though...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Ah, that's why I didn't get this then...I generally don't lick people's names

...I do sometimes tenderly caress them though...
    I think Alex meant click
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Just adding another issue with tags.

I just pasted two seperate blocks of text in a thread. I was reducing the spacing and accidentely deleted the "[" from the start of the end tag of the 2nd block. When I put it back in manually it didn't actually wrap the text and just showed the tags on the post. I corrected it by deleting the tags and re-wrapping the text with new ones from the menu.

Some strange stuff going on with these tags. Sometimes it will split blocks of text into two for no reason I can see. In some cases I've noticed it's where there is an emoticon or new paragraph. It often pushes the emoticons onto the next line too.

A couple of issues noticed over the last 2 days:

1) selecting multiquote and then replying. When I came to reply to another post in the thread the multi quote ticks had not been removed by the previous completed action of posting. I had to manually de-select them.

2) Editing a post. This one has plenty of issues as already raised earlier on but this is new. I wrote some next text in a post when editing and the previously reported problem (that happens pretty much every time now unless I refresh my browser first) and selected it all, including the text I was replying to, then clicked refresh, then edit, then pasted in the copied text (over anything in that post). It pasted in my copied text but also added a part of it again on the end. This wasn't a pasting error on my part (e.g. if I pasted in between text already on screen) because I blanked out the text box before pasting the whole lot. So, it added part of my copied text again on the end and this text was actually half way through the post.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    A couple of issues noticed over the last 2 days:

1) selecting multiquote and then replying. When I came to reply to another post in the thread the multi quote ticks had not been removed by the previous completed action of posting. I had to manually de-select them.

2) Editing a post. This one has plenty of issues as already raised earlier on but this is new. I wrote some next text in a post when editing and the previously reported problem (that happens pretty much every time now unless I refresh my browser first) and selected it all, including the text I was replying to, then clicked refresh, then edit, then pasted in the copied text (over anything in that post). It pasted in my copied text but also added a part of it again on the end. This wasn't a pasting error on my part (e.g. if I pasted in between text already on screen) because I blanked out the text box before pasting the whole lot. So, it added part of my copied text again on the end and this text was actually half way through the post.
    Just to update...

1) had this again just. I even left the thread and came back and it was still there. Oddly after the next couple of posts it hadn't saved these ticks. I did post a fresh post in between so I wonder if that broke the link?

2) this happened in PM when I was copying several tabs into one (multiple PM's from someone where I typed replies in separate tabs as it's easier to see) but only happened on one of the two I copied over.

Update.

The multiquote issue raised above is holding onto the ticks for days later making the list bigger & bigger.

Alex hasn't been well so is not looking at issues on NMP at the moment. Perhaps you could google it MNIT and see what you can find on VBulletin forums as we are using the standard product now.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Alex hasn't been well so is not looking at issues on NMP at the moment. Perhaps you could google it MNIT and see what you can find on VBulletin forums as we are using the standard product now.
    I hope he gets better soon

I've have a look around and it appears to be this:

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...s-not-clearing

I tried clearing my cookies to see if it deals with it. It doesn't.

The only way is to manually deselect multiquotes or use the reply function. The latter clears them out. So, it sounds like a value issue at your end. Nothing in my settings for this and it's only since the upgrade so probably some sort of default.

I tested it across multiple threads too. If you tick it across them (I tested 2 on this page, 1 on another thread and 1 on a test thread Alex had set up) and the ticks remain on all of them. If you click the reply to post at the top of the thread it will only add the quote from that thread into the post box though.

So, if you don't clear out these ticks each time, or post from them, you build them up across threads and then when you return to that thread and click on a reply button the old text pops back up.

Nic,

A new problem needs logging. I was talking to Charlie about excluding certain forums from view but I can't see to access Settings from the mobile version of NMP. If I click on Full Site it just takes me to a 404 page error.

This doesn't affect me as use a laptop too but for Charlie she has no way to get into her user settings. Is there another way?

Sorry Nic, ignore that. With JavaScript off the 404 error occurs. Forgot about that

So Charlie will be able to access the Full Site option.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread Information