Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum problems/feedback.

Re: New Forum problems/feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I thought it was on your mobile the first time as well?

Can you not just leave javascript on Terry?
    Apologies Nic, lost track and thought that had happened first when on the laptop.

No, the ads make the site too much hassle due to my screen size. It's much better with them off, I just need to remember to turn it on for this as I do if I'm posting an image (I'll turn it on and then click into advanced so it loads a fresh page) then turn it back off again afterwards. But this error I'm flagging has only happened since you upgraded. The edit function is changing my post and breaking a posted link which shouldn't happen with it off. If it were because of the JavaScript itself I could always leave it on and get an adblocker installed, it was just a quick fix I found when adding the ads ages ago (some browsers allow you to block ads to certain pages but Android only allows you to leave full functionality to other pages with JavaScript off instead which is the opposite of what I wanted).

Like the other examples I've sent you, which were on laptop, the edit function is doing some strange things to posts.

Alex is offline Administrator/Developer/Hamster/Chief Lisa Basher ;-)

The mobile theme is now live.

Please bear in mind that this is a mobile theme and may not contain everything that the desktop theme does. I am able to add certain things to it if needed.

The mobile theme has ads optimised for smaller screen so that hopefully will help as well.

Alex

I just noticed something that's happenning on desktop:

when I click to see the list of moderators (bottom of the home page, this link: https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showgroups.php ) it won't show names just the avatars and "offline"? idk about mobile though.
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

I will add it to the list thanks whisper

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The “what’s new” button is missing from my mobile site! Is it just me?

Click on the button with three dots in it at the top right of the site, it’s in there

Alex

Ohhhh my! The mobile version is beautiful! Thank you :-)

I noticed the mobile version earlier. Thanks Alex.

JavaScript has to be on to use this version because all the previous/next functionality is gone without it. You can't see any page numbers either. Enable the JavaScript, which will be the default for us all, and it works fine.

The ads are slightly less intrusive though which is a good thing on a small screen.

A few issues to feedback though:

1) if you click beyond page 1 in the Admin notices section it switches you over to the full site.
    2) clicking some boards (only tried one) from the main page takes you into full site mode.
    3) I clicked back on one occasion and it took me into full site mode. Apologies as I can't remember the scenario so will have to test it to find out.

Is this because the mobile site is still under testing?

Nic/Alex,

I just wanted to feedback about the ads. I've noticed in this update I no longer experience the snapping so it doesn't cause me to click on the wrong thread if I don't wait for the ads to complete loading. On the old version it was the header ad that seemed to open smaller than a second or two later.

So this is a good improvement for the small screen using full site mode. One banner causes issues with posting (it lifts up to almost fully cover the post box), as it did on the other, but that's no biggie as it's a pop up that can be shutdown (and it's probably something my settings could deal with if I have a play around).

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I noticed the mobile version earlier. Thanks Alex.

JavaScript has to be on to use this version because all the previous/next functionality is gone without it. You can't see any page numbers either. Enable the JavaScript, which will be the default for us all, and it works fine.

The ads are slightly less intrusive though which is a good thing on a small screen.

A few issues to feedback though:

1) if you click beyond page 1 in the Admin notices section it switches you over to the full site.
    2) clicking some boards (only tried one) from the main page takes you into full site mode.
    3) I clicked back on one occasion and it took me into full site mode. Apologies as I can't remember the scenario so will have to test it to find out.

Is this because the mobile site is still under testing?
    Not seen that terry, can you try it in private browsing as I suspect you have some cached pages.

The site will not work with JavaScript off and that’s something I will not be changing as it’s simply not worth it

Thanks

Alex

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information