Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum problems/feedback.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: New Forum problems/feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You and your flags, KK!! Setting the Standard!!
    Mustn't let our Standards flag

Never Surrender, Comrade

I love the flags! Quite right too that they are hoisted again.

Thanks so much for all the hard work you've put in, Alex, nomorepanic, venus, Elen and all the rest of the mods and admins
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Missed a bit, Miss V

Umm...will we be getting our flags back on posts?

Well done for all your hard work
    Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I love the flags! Quite right too that they are hoisted again.
    Alex has hoisted the flags again

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Nice, new, fresh look but the font is extremely small. Is there anyway to get more of am app view, it was perfect before the upgrade.

Thanks for the hard work. I like the new format, it's much cleaner and more up to date. The thing I dislike is how close the buttons are to the address bar as on a small mboile device they can have trouble picking them up. I've noticed big sites, like American Express, design them this way too.

A few things I've noticed:

1) the reply functionality has changed. I've seen how it allows you to write underneath the actual post, which is better, and how in a multi quote it will pick the last in order but show both in the reply text box. Just something for us to get used to but it seems neater to me like this. But one thing with it now is if you click in the quick reply box and then change page it askes you if you want to leave the page. That is very useful if you have something typed in the reply as it prevents us losing it with a prompt but when it's blank it's pointless (no biggie obviously, it just seems like it make be something that needs playing with to work the best way?).
    - EDIT: just edited my post below and this message popped up afterwards despite not having being in the reply box anymore, clicking on the page didn't work and I had to click into the reply box to them click off it and then it went through without the prompt (which happens the rest of the time) so maybe it's a glitch?
    - EDIT2: does it when you enter a thread and scroll down to below the reply box even if you don't click in it.
    - EDIT3: also happens after I just posted, then edited but scrolled down below the reply box after the edit had been saved.
    2) on your user panel if you click on your latest threads mine are shows 11 pages but there are only 3 so when you click on the 4th it gives a blank page.
    3) on your panel there is a summary which shows an All tab. Mine shows 3 threads for some reason and they are aged. What are they there for? I can't see a reason why the 3 I have should be there. It's not the most recent thread I've commented on. It's the same thread showing 3 of my comments.
    - EDIT: this has now updated to show the ones I've posted on tonight but you still see those 3 old ones at the bottom if you have a look. It looks like they will be pushed off that screen anyway but it was odd considering they weren't my more recent posts.

But I prefer the smaller layout and the more modern boxing and colouring. It's more neutral on the eyes. I've tried it on my laptop and on my phone (with a 3.5 inch screen) and it works well. Clicks are picked up fine (not considering the issue mentioned above although I would say yours can be done without zooming in whereas Amex you just can't get to it without zooming more often).

I haven't switched the JavaScript on yet (mobile) so I'm not sure how the ads impact on the site as that was a real problem on a small mobile screen and made the site hard to use (it slowed it down noticeably, snapped the screen down at the last second so if you didn't wait it would pick your screen click up as higher up and end up picking the wrong thread and using the advanced reply was very hard as the bottom ad covered most of the screen).
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 19-02-19 at 09:00. Reason: Adding Edit Detail

Nic,

Is there any useful new functionality in this update that could be explained here (if you get chance) rather than us asking? For instance, I notice we have an Insert Video (I'm shuddering at the thought of someone's bumhole being uploaded off YouTube! ).

I noticed the emoticons have changed slightly. Is the code all the same? (I often type them in manually if on my moby to save having the JavaScript turned back on).

I love that we have an auto save function too. How does it work? If we clicked off a post by mistake would it be there when we re-entered the thread? How does that work with the Leave/Stay prompt? I can test this if not but I thought you might know anyway from when you were looking at what this update would bring? One issue I have in the Edge browser, and I think others have it in different browsers if I recall correctly from talking to another member, is that is you post and your browser returns an error message (e.g. lost signal) when you click back you have lost everything you typed. So, anything large and I have to copy it just in case. I'm wondering if the auto save will stop all that by allowing the back function to show the last auto save? That would be really helpful!

Something I also like is how new posts aren't grouped together showing with a blue line between. Whilst it will make the page/threads slightly bigger it does make it clearer that you are adding an update and at what time.

Showing the thread starter with the date/time stamp is also a useful addition so we can see if threads are being resurrected or zombies a new member has bumped.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 19-02-19 at 07:18.

Great to hear.
    That's the question I was going to ask

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I posted on my thread and it didn't show up in new posts?
    I know mine is not officially new but there are other threads similar to mine in size and age?
    Is there some sort of time delay or something else?

This thread doesn't appear in new posts either.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information