Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum problems/feedback.

Re: New Forum problems/feedback.

Hi Nic/Alex
    I know Em has messaged about this but just wanted to let you know details - I appear to be invisible in the chatroom, I have tried on my phone and two laptops so not sure if it is related to my IP address, I can read people's messages but no-one can see mine and this appears to be the case in pm as well as in the main room. I get set to idle after the normal time, and when I type after that, it doesn't unidle me. Not expecting an immediate solution but hopefully it can be solved at some point - and if I post it here it may be someone else is effect and knows they aren't alone!

Big thank yous - new forum looks great

Not sure if this has been mentioned but it is still a shame that using the chat room on phone is difficult. the messages don't scroll up until a few more message have been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Alex is currently working on getting it looking right on mobile devices.
    Thank you!

I don't think the new format is compatible with my ancient Windows 7-have been having awful typing problems. If I disappear, that's why!

I am on windows 7 Pulisa and mine is ok. What browser are you using?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I tested the video function and it can indeed insert video that plays in the thread. If you want to have a look Alex's testing thread now has a funny cats YouTube vid in it.

Does this cause you any issues, Nic? If it's going to impact on you let us know so we don't use it.

I use internet explorer, Nic

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I use internet explorer, Nic
    Maybe try a different browser to see if it helps..... I use firefox and it seems ok on it. there is Chrome too

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I'm on Windows 10 using Edge and it's fine. I just switched to IE and found it much slower due to the ads. Have you got an adblocker running? Is it slow opening other sites? IS it slow opening some of those sites that have tons of ads or embedded videos? If it's speed, a stripped down browser will be better. I stopped using IE a couple of years ago as it was despertely slow on my older laptops comapred to Chrome, Firefox (which I found less reliable as it would need reinstalling from time to time) and Edge.

Another issue to add.

There have been 2 occasions where I've added a post and then gone in to edit a typo and the buttons freeze. The save doesn't do anything and neither does advanced. I have to reload the page. I've not had this before.

EDIT: Make that 3 times.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 20-02-19 at 14:38.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information