Thread: Kalms

Kalms

Hi, I've been on edge over weekend and my husband said to take kalms (he swears by them when hes on edge about something) I was just wondering can these be taken aswell as my meds sertraline.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: Kalms

No is says on the tin not to be taken with otjer meds seek advise from a gp first best to be safe. But they are brilliant tbh

I think they have valerian root in them... which you cannot take with SSRI's

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

As Emma says, herbal Valerian root should be avoided with SSRIs so check with pharmacist first.

Isn't your med helping with anxiety then?

*****The active ingredient of Kalms Night comes from the roots of the Valerian plant, which is also known as Valeriana officinalis L.

Never Surrender, Comrade

It may be possible to take valerian root with them as it is a Moderate interaction, just as something like alcohol is, but it can cause additive effects and for this reason a medical professional should really be oking it first. There is a similar flagged interaction between valerian root and alcohol so adding all three would obviously raise the risks. Any other meds you are should also be considered that when it comes to additive effects.

NOTE: I have only checked valerian root and not any other ingredients. Kalms itself isn't on the drugs database I use to check stuff, like many herbals, so it could contain other ingredients that are the reason for that drug advice on the pack. But pack advice is often general to cover themselves legally for anything and anything like a more serious interaction can be listed if it has been determined to be needed, even then it comes from some regulatory push and therefore may not have been added to the box.

I am on 75mg it has lifted my mood but the anxiety is still hoovering. It doesn't help that my guts are continuously dodgy and I'm scared to eat certain food etc. I have done a stool sample this morning and haven blood to find out what's happening. I just want feel normal.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thread Information