Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shiny shiny - aka what I do when I'm not panicking.

Shiny shiny - aka what I do when I'm not panicking.

When I'm not working (or stressing), I like to mess around with beads, and I hoped you guys might be interested to see some pics of the stuff I make.

beebox.jpgnetbracelet.jpgherringbonerope.jpgpoinsettias.jpg

Re: Shiny shiny - aka what I do when I'm not panicking.

Wow! They are really good.

Do you sell them? I bet people would buy them. My GF makes cards sometimes and people at work have ended up buying them off her as they liked the cross stitch she does in them. I could easily see the same here. Lots of people seem to make up charm bracelets and sell them on.

Do they take a lot of time to make?

I sell at craft fairs and do commissions for people, but I don't have the dedication to maintain an online shop as I'd much rather make than advertise

The timeframes vary - I can make a pair of simple earrings in about ten minutes, but the box on the left took at least 24 hours.

I also teach - I do drop-in workshops at various events, then I got my first proper paid teaching gig back in November, which was one of the proudest moments of my life.

That's great. That sounds like a healthy and rewarding part of your life. Anxiety drags us into so much negativity that we lose the nourishing stuff we do that helps with our confidence and self esteem. Teaching seems a great way to build on yourself.

Maybe you will expand on that? I've seen craft workshops advertised on flyers that take place in churches, council/college settings, etc. I could easily see that as an offshoot from a mental health group just as group gardening activities are. They do cake making and art for mental health and down at my local out patient facility, the charity I attended use to rent a room there, they had all sorts of craft work up in the room from their sessions.

I hope it continues to be a source of positivity for you.

Thanks, Terry, and thanks for your kind words.

Next year I'm hoping to start a crafting club for students at the FE college where I work; I might also contact my local branch of MIND and see if they'd be interested in me running some sessions. The only real hurdle is that I work full-time and between that and the anxiety and depression, I tend to need a lot of downtime from dealing with people.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    When I'm not working (or stressing), I like to mess around with beads, and I hoped you guys might be interested to see some pics of the stuff I make.

beebox.jpgnetbracelet.jpgherringbonerope.jpgpoinsettias.jpg
    These are SO LOVELY !
    can I buy some??

Sure you can! PM me with the sort of thing you want and I'll design it up for you

Those are really lovely!! You should consider an Etsy shop. I don't think they're much upkeep and then a good way to shoot a link to someone interested in your work. Really nice stuff!

They are really beautiful. You are very talented and this all sounds a really therapeutic enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    Those are really lovely!! You should consider an Etsy shop. I don't think they're much upkeep and then a good way to shoot a link to someone interested in your work. Really nice stuff!
    Agreed. These would go down on Etsy very well.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information