Thread: Eye Dr, tests, and being anxious

Eye Dr, tests, and being anxious

Went to the eye Dr last month for a check up. Everything looked good except my eye pressure was a little high. Dr said optic never looked really good. Dr scheduled a visual field test. She told me about how eye pressure can cause glaucoma and she wants me to do the test just as piece of mind and she is confident it will be normal.
    4 weeks later, my right eye was really bothering me. It felt like something was in it. I could see a tiny bump on the white of my eye. Went to Dr in a panic. All was good. It was a tiny cyst and my eye was dry. Also another quick check of optic nerves, looks good. Cysyt is now gone.
    Today went for the Visual Field Test. I didn't see the Dr, only nurse/assistant. I had never done this test before. Was nervous. I feel like I was seeing a lot of the lights but then there were times when I didn't see any and I was getting worried. Test was done and was told to schedule appointment to go over results with Dr. I could see the result printout and I think it was normal because I googled what a normal result looks like.
    Is it normal to have to come back to go over results? If it was good why didn't she just tell me? I don't know if I'm worried or just anxious to know. Anyone have experience with that test? I felt like I was playing a video game.

Re: Eye Dr, tests, and being anxious

I have experience with that test. I've done it one time. I thought I failed b.c I saw more lights on one side than the other. My results were normal, but I am in pre-glaucoma. My optic nerves are weird looking, and my mom has glaucoma so thanks mom, lol.

I was given results over the phone, but every doc is different. Try not to read into it. If your optic nerve looks good, that's all that matters.

Thread Information