Thread: Missed heartbeats freaking me out

Missed heartbeats freaking me out

Hi, I am very afraid at the moment of irregular heartbeats, missed beats, double beats, whatever. I have had missed beats for about 30 years, but these last couple of weeks I have had them so bad, and at times they feel different. I saw my doctor, she is new at the practice and I don’t think she realizes how anxious I am. She said she couldn’t hear them when she listened but ordered an ECG, which I had to wait a fortnight for, feeling extremely anxious all the time. I went for this yesterday and now feel worse. The nurse that did the test said the ECG was showing the missed beats and I should see the doctor again to see if I need more tests and treatment. She said a routine appointment so now I have to wait another two weeks for that. I asked if I could continue normal life, as I enjoy sequence dancing could I do that. She said yes. What is really worrying me is that the missed beats showed as I have read they often don’t. Another thing is I was in A and E just before Christmas with the worst racing and missed beats I have ever had. They did four ECGs and never said there was anything wrong with any of them. So I am worrying that I have suddenly developed heart disease. If there were missed beats on those why didn’t they tell me, and if there wasn’t, what’s different now. Is there any hope that these are benign as I’ve been told by doctors in the past? I am feeling my pulse all the time, sometimes is so irregular and others it feels normal. Any thoughts please.

Re: Missed heartbeats freaking me out

This sounds like HA to me. I don’t think you will start getting more ectopic beats when heart disease is present, rather, the ectopics are normally benign unless you have heart disease.

Doctors know what they are doing...4 ECGs sounds pretty convincingly benign. If it wasn’t, they would not have released you.

Mindful breaths. You are fine. Truly, you are fine. Accept them as just being there as a pain in the ass and to make you appreciate life. Do you want to be the person who waits forever for your deathbed, just so you can say you were right? Be the person who lives your life to the fullest and looks back on your deathbed with joy that you lived.

Sorry to divert here, but check your diet. Are there new foods that could be causing you vitamin deficits? Perhaps more bloating and gas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Missed heartbeats freaking me out

I have been wondering, I recently had a nasty virus for 6 weeks and lost a lot of weight. I am a low weight normally anyway, so didn't have a lot to lose. My stepdaughter who is a nurse said have complan for a while until my weight was back up. I have been having that for a few weeks and am puttiing weight back on, but that is something very different with my diet. Though it is full of vitamins but apparently it can cause some side effects.

Thread Information