Thread: My period is all wacky... getting an appointment but terrified

My period is all wacky... getting an appointment but terrified

I’m 19. Usually my periods were pretty regular. However, the last one was late and out of wack. I didn’t think much of it and I did get my period last month but it was lighter than usual. This month it is 4 days late. I am starting to really worry. I have several symptoms. Later I have felt really cold, my hands are constantly rly cold if I am not moving around. So I just have poor blood circulation. And I’m worried that I have cancer that is delaying my period. I also feel like I have to pee more often which is another symptom. And when I wake up my back has been sore up til I get out of bed. My mom is making an appointment and I am so terrified. I also have a boil on my thigh. I’m so freaked out.

Re: My period is all wacky... getting an appointment but terrified

Ovarian/cervical cancer is very very rare in women under 40, but it's VERY common for any woman to have cycle changes. I once had a short period (maybe 19 days) and heavy cramping. Had an ultrasound and everything and it was nothing ... just probably a stress-induced cycle change. My hormones were normal, my uterus looked great. All was well and it sorted itself out.

Also you're only 19 and you may go through other cycle shifts and changes as you grow older. I don't think having cold hands or a boil are typical symptoms of cervical or ovarian cancer? It sounds like a lot of smaller, disconnected symptoms that are scary when taken together. I've always had irregular periods, they range from 22 to 28 days and are all over the place. That's just my normal. I think you have a >1% chance of having cancer and a 99% chance of having normal cycle changes due to stress or some small reason. I hope you get good peace of mind soon.

Stressbelle made some very good points. There are so many things that can affect your cycle. Stress, diet, exercise. Sometimes they're just a fluke. Every woman has had changes in their cycle, honestly. I know it's scary, I was scared too, but you will be okay. Cold hands can be a symptom of anxiety, My hands and feet are ALWAYS cold when I'm anxious or going through a period of general anxiety, honestly. You're okay and I hope that the doctor can convince you are too.
    Sending love xx

Thank you guys very much. That is very true. When I was a junior in high school my period disappeared for a few months and eventually figured itself out. I was wiping and was nervous and I often get these bumps under my skin in my inner thighs. I have been getting them as long as I can remember but now I feel one in my private are. The one I get on my thighs always go away. Obviously this has sent me on an entirely new level. There was a girl who was my age who was just diagnosed with overian cancer a few months ago which scares me even more. She is young to have it. I am just so terrified. I almost started crying in class just thinking about getting a horrible diagnose. I keep thinking about my boyfriend and how we might not be able to grow up together. This is the cycle of thoughts I am constantly going through. I told him how afraid I am and he said he googled too and that most things that come up are not good but that I’ll get through it. Part of me is too terrified to even step into a doctor office. I don’t want to tel my mom I feel like there’s a bump down there because she will assume the worst and make it a really big deal too. Having other people scared too makes it worse to me, if she’s worried ir basically confirms my fears. My mom is making an appointment for me today but I’m not sure if it’ll be a week or two before I can get in. I can’t srand this. I can’t focus on anything else.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information