Thread: Heart palps back again😢

Heart palps back again😢

So since November I have had heart palpitations they are skipped beats, I've had numerous ecgs and have come back fairly normal but my skipped beats have never shown on the ecgs, I recently had a 24 hour monitor on but at this time my skipped beats had stopped, they can stop for weeks but always come back again? They cause me great distress when they come back I feel like giving up!

Im awaiting the results from the 24 hour monitor.
    I've also got an enlarged thyroid but apparently normal levels so dont know if this is the cause of my skipped beats.

I thought it could be anxiety but it seems like the skipped beats happen everytime I stand up or do any sort of movement.

I'm scared its something bad

Re: Heart palps back again😢

There's no reason in particular to think it's something bad.

Half of healthy teenagers and young adults have skipped beats on a 24 hour monitor, just most don't feel them. Maybe the other half would have them too if it were measured for longer. Around twenty percent of newborn babies have them. If skipped beats were bad, then a hell of a lot of people would have problems, and they don't.

I have the exact same problem, as some days I start getting skipped beats as soon as I move and they won't stop until I am sitting still and calm again. Other days they don't happen at all.

It's a small, irritated area in the nerves in or around the heart that triggers early. With you and I, it's oversensitive to the normal changes in our bodies when we move.

The question is why it's oversensitive and it could be the long-term effects of stress, GERD, hyperventilation, etc. At the moment I'm working on the idea it's the vagus nerve is irritated from GERD and drinking milk and reducing the amount of acid my throat is exposed to.

The 24 hour monitor will probably say it's mostly just single skipped beats, nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by Aaahhfreakout; 24-02-19 at 10:39.

Thread Information