Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very high liver tests

Very high liver tests

So after I thought I'd nipped my anxiety in the bud. I've recently had blood tests which shows my liver is really out of whack, had repeat test and it's worse. Have itchy skin and hives aswell and feel like I'm always coming down with something.

The doctor has sent me for liver scans and screenings as he doesn't know what it could be.

Obviously in my head I've got cancer everywhere. I'm also really low in vitamin d apparently and my lymphocytes and red blood cells showed in red but he said he wasn't worried about that?

Just need some reassurance really as my panicking attacks have now started again and I'm back to square one with the health anxiety.

Re: Very high liver tests

What liver enzymes and how high? Been there before and they have always returned to normal. It's always been related to a virus, medication, etc.

Both of the main ones alt especially.
    Apparently on all of my tests over the years it's always been high but getting worse so the doctor is sure something is going on.

I don't have any experience or wisdom to impart about what could be going on with your liver. Unfortunately, you have a true issue that is being explored by a doctor. All you can really do in this situation is take it as it comes. I know how hard that is with HA. I have been through it, not with liver things but other things, more than once. Some of those times I have been a basket case, thinking the worst, other times I have been able to keep my head in check. The result will be what it is, whether we worry or not. If you really find you can't stop worrying, it's probably best not to google at all. That just propels it. And also, live normally as best you can.

Keep us updated!

Usually it could be fatty liver if it's just alt and ast. Not a terrible thing. I am.sure your doctor will be able.to.figure it out.

Do you drink alcohol or take medication?

I don't drink at all, eat very healthy, recently lost 2 stone so I'm not really overweight.. I take thyroxine for my thyroid. Just weird how I feel sick all the time tired and feel so I'll. So worried about it being cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Emilychazza98 View Post
    I don't drink at all, eat very healthy, recently lost 2 stone so I'm not really overweight.. I take thyroxine for my thyroid. Just weird how I feel sick all the time tired and feel so I'll. So worried about it being cancer
    Thyroid issues alone can throw off liver function tests and blood cell counts......

I had a text this morning saying I've got an appointment for radiology on Sunday next week. It's gone through so quick and surprised me how it's a Sunday. Now I'm worried as they've got me in for the '2 week referral''.

Out of curiosity, can you post the actual values of the labs that we're out of range?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information