Thread: Gastritis pain is unreal ! ☹️

Gastritis pain is unreal ! ☹️

Hi guys I havent been on here in a while but it all started 2 days ago. I got a sore stomach and I thought maybe it would pass but it never! The pain got worse and was excruciating felt like my insides were on fire and I couldnt sleep and was doubled over in pain. So I went to the gp she examined me and said I had gastritis and has given me lansoprazole I think thats how you spell it but said it can take up to a week for the tablets to help me. Im taking gaviscon aswell but still in pain and this is when my anxiety peeks because I worry it will never go away and I cant help feeling that way! I am a single mother to two kids and Ive seriously been so ill the past few days. Has anyone got any remedies or just some reassurance for me ? I could cry in that down and I cant sleep either because its so uncomfortable!! Help 😩😩

Re: Gastritis pain is unreal ! ☹️

Yup is is horrid and very painful.

Can you take painkillers?

I took omeprazole for mine and it eased it by the next day

Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live. - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

SAME. Literally dealing with this right now and waiting for Prilosec to start working. It’s shocking how painful it is. Hope you feel better soon.

Ive took some paracetamol but tbh they havent done much 😩 she gave me tablets that I think are similar to Omeprazole. I know you can buy Omeprazole in the chemist so might give it a go on top because Im suffering so bad and as you can imagine with two kids i have to carry on lol.

Aww how long have you had it Hun. It’s awful isnt it! Id rather give birth again lol atleast I know it will be over! Hope you feel better soon x

Thread Information