Thread: Mr Economy: You Suck.

Mr Economy: You Suck.

The economy doesn't give a damn how smart you are: What value can you bring?
    Promotions are not all based on competency. If you're too good at your job you're sometimes better staying where you are.
    Promote the one less competent who will appreciate the position and are more likely to stick around.
    Why are many pensioners retired with absolutely nothing to their name?
    Where's the examples out there showing the fruits of your labor?
    Why do so many companies pay only a fraction above what the government says you have to by law. Can we not do better than this?
    Your CV is not an accurate representation of intelligence or ability. It shows bloody dates and how potentially loyal you may be. Cold vetting sucks.
    Once you get your foot in the door nobody cares about that degree anyway. Can you do the job? Perhaps just as well without a degree.
    Most companies are not created out of a love for the industry. They see a gap in the market that may make a profit margin. Money to eat, sleep and retire.
    Can't talk about money though it's taboo. Even though it's ultimately why just about everybody goes to work for a company.
    The inside of this place is so cold and you expect me to be the warmest guy in the world to this customer?
    The working class do all the real work. Hence the name. The upper class wouldn't last a day on the front line.
    The workplace should have a culture of working with not working for.
    Where's the top down loyalty? Does it even exist? I'll care about the company as much as you care about me. That's surely fair right?
    I'm the perfect employee. I don't smoke. I don't drink. I've had no employment gaps. Right out of school straight into education. The perfect citizen.
    I don't know the unwritten rules of this workplace. Can we write them out please?

Gimme a break.

()...

Re: Mr Economy: You Suck.

I agree with most of your points. Capitalism is a economic system which is based on Usury or Compound Interest. Therefore, by it's very nature, it's designed to enslave us to those at the top of the pyramid. Only psychopaths can thrive under such system. The perfect citizens under this system are rabid consumers and those who don't question the official narratives of the establishment. The perfect employee is someone who doesn't complain about low wages or the working conditions in the workplace.

Re: Mr Economy: You Suck.

Yeah can relate to where you're saying. Not saying all companies are like that or everyone has the same experience.

My experience gives me these thoughts sometimes. I appreciate it's not always black and white. Seems debt is encouraged. If you pay in full your overdraft the bank delays lending to you again. Like you made a bad move.

To start a business you need your own capital to get capital. Not easy for most working people out there including saving for a mortgage.

How about a maximum wage? Distribution of wealth towards the bottom could be better with CEOs proven to be earning more and more over the last few decades.

Competition is good; unless you're the one running the monopoly or oligopolgy (no collusion or price fixing of course).

At the end of all the smiley customer service seems to be a bottom line profit margin which is very inanimate. Not trying to be cynical.

Perhaps a pinch of realism not pessism is healthy. Stay happy folks. Don't think too much.
    Last edited by C1989; 26-02-19 at 19:35.

Thread Information